Soccer parents....goodness man

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by virginiashadow, May 27, 2017.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've grown to enjoy soccer over the years as all my kids play. But the parents on the sideline. The absolute worst. Yellin at refs even though they know the call was right. Yelling at kids from the other team. Constantly whining about players being physical. Claiming to know the rules when in fact, they don't. Confronting parents from the other team.

I might start using a treestand to watch the games from the woodline.

elkguide likes this.
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yep youth football and basketball bad as well. I suspect most of the parents are just pissed that they are watching soccer because their son didn't make the baseball team.:biggrin:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  3. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    We have a kid on my son's soccer team that just won't shut up. He complains and blames everyone on the field..even the ref. Well he was at it again today and was yelling at the ref. I simply told him to stay positive and stop talking to the ref....his response to me..."shut up". I nearly came off the sideline and yoked his butt up. But I remained calm and just told him to stop talking so much. I would never tolerate that as a coach. He would be off the field very quickly.

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most kids that act like that are a direct reflection of their parents bitching and moaning. That's what they hear and that's what they know. The parents that act like that are the same ones that think their kid is a d1 athlete too, and intern they are living through their child. Just my .02.

virginiashadow likes this.
  5. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Part of me knows this is my generation of adults that behaves like this on the sideline. Comes across as weak as heck. Always the victim of something and rarely take responsibility for their actions.

Matt likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Usually when a kid is a crap head and you meet the parents it becomes clear why the kid is a crap head. I honestly do not miss coaching one little bit.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hockey parents are the same, only they are typically drunk...

Tournament weekends are the worst. Ask anyone that works in a hotel or restaurant in Duluth, MN :tu:

8. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's horrible. I've seen fist fights and arrests. What great examples to set for our youth. It almost seems like it is used as a common outlet for these people to take out their frustrations in life.....Man I had a horrible week at work, just wait till the soccer game this weekend, I'm gonna tell the ref where to shove it!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

virginiashadow likes this.
  9. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I always enjoyed coaching when the parents would drive into the parking lot and almost push their kid out the door and then drive off. Night after night I'd sit there for as much as an hour and a half after practice waiting for the parents to come and pick up their child only to have them ask, "Since I couldn't get here, why didn't you just take him/her home!"

10. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am a USSF Ref, lol Any questions? I have seen and heard it all