Paid bowhunt In Texas

Discussion in 'Southwest' started by kjstaudt86, May 22, 2017.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any experiences with bow only ranches In Texas? Looking at booking a cheap whitetail hunt for a couple days In the fall. One ranch in particular I found was the 'brushy hill ranch' http://brushyhill.com/.

$180 p/day- 2 day min (no trophy fees)

Trying to book a hunt for my dad, but if you fellow users would like to join in on the fun one weekend I would love to meet up and hunt with ya! Lodging is included in price but not the food. I can't have family at my current lease and my Dad has never taken a deer or any animal ever with his bow so would love to put him on something.

2. BowhunterJeremiah

BowhunterJeremiah Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh wow I have not seen any that cheap.

Cheapest I found was you around $1000 3 day hogs included doe and buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent deal their if they live up to their claims. I hope for the best for you and your fathers

3. cdm369

cdm369 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Please let me know if you try this out, and what your experience is like. I grew up bow hunting in Michigan, moved to Texas in my mid 20's and haven't bow hunted since leaving Michigan over 20 years ago for various reasons. I'm now looking to get back into bow hunting, and lack connections. I'm only about 2-1/2 hours from this area in Uvalde.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

4. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One place I have seen a lot on is extreme bowhunting. The prices really aren't that bad I don't think and they have a good variety of game to hunt. And its a bow only ranch. I have never been there but of all the reviews Ive seen on other sites I haven't seen any negative comments about it. Just another option if you haven't already looked into it.

5. BwD19

BwD19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Since moving to Texas I have been searching for a reasonably priced place to hunt and I would say that is a more than reasonable. Sorry I couldn't be of any help on if they are any good, but thank you for sharing and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Deerhunter 28 likes this.
  6. Govtrapper

Govtrapper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been an it's not a bad place. If I had went for deer I eoulkd have done good lol. But I was after hogs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Doesn't look like I will be doing it this year. I know plenty of guys that get on leases out there. Probably a little late, but is there anything in local newspaper ads or a local website that might show some leases that are available?