New central CA hunter

Discussion in 'West' started by nv3230, Apr 9, 2017.

1. nv3230

nv3230 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello!

I am a new hunter who is in his second season of turkey hunting. I have enjoyed the pursuit so far, but am looking for a mentor to help teach me some of the finer parts of hunting. I have a solid basic understanding of hunting (staying quiet, looking for sign, importance of scouting, etc) But I am hoping to connect with someone to help increase my understanding of woodsman ship, turkey behavior, and a more full understanding of the pursuit. I am looking forward to connecting with some people!

BowhuntingRealtor likes this.
  2. BrassMonkey911

BrassMonkey911 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! Never shot a turkey or gone after one. Been away from hunt'n for a while. Get'n back into it this year. I'm all geared up but dislocated my shoulder at the beginning of the year. Gonna be scout'n for deer soon. Been studying maps, heard habits, terrain and weather patterns, in the zones I put in for. Gonna miss turkey this year but not next. Good Luck!

3. BowhuntingRealtor

BowhuntingRealtor Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, look at that! Other CA hunters do exist lol. I am up in central CA quite a bit for pig and bear. Next spring we should get together for a turkey hunt.

Cameron DeMiguel likes this.