Mid Level Camera Arm

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by SheddingLightTravis, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been filming my hunts for the past two years and I'm wondering if you guys have any suggestions on camera arms. I have used the cheap one from Walmart, and used the cheapest head from Muddy and attached it to a bow holder. Both were too cheap and fell apart. I'd like to spend a little more for something more reliable. However, I have a hard time justifying going out and buying a muddy or a fourth Arrow for $200 or more. I'm using a small Canon Vixia handheld, so I don't need a giant tree arm.There's got to be something in between? Can a man get a decent camera arm for $100-$130. It seems to either be junk or elite on the market right now.

2. tree_ghost

tree_ghost Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well this was a big problem for me as well when I started out self filming. I couldn't find many other options than what you've already listed. If you keep your eyes peeled you can find a used Muddy or Fourth Arrow for a discounted price. The other option if you have the tools and skill is to build one. I'm leaning this way myself to try and make a lighter arm. My muddy outfitter arm is simply too heavy with all my other gear. I think a light aluminum version would help tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Hawk Hunt Hard Arm last night. The fluid head and leveling base are what sold me on it. The reach isn't great. But you can't get everything you want unless you pay more for it I guess. It was $70. Thought about the Muddy Basic but I didn't like how it mounted to the tree. Head looked pretty cheap too. I'll post a review of the new Arm after I test it out a bit

4. SheddingLightTravis

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a Hawk Hunt Hard Arm last night. The fluid head and leveling base are what sold me on it. The reach isn't great. But you can't get everything you want unless you pay more for it I guess. It was $70. Thought about the Muddy Basic but I didn't like how it mounted to the tree. Head looked pretty cheap too. I'll post a review of the new Arm after I test it out a bit