Team 2 Check in

Discussion in '2018 Turkey Contest' started by bornfromthecorn, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornfromthecorn

bornfromthecorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see a thread yet for our team so I figured I would start one. Comment on here and I will highlight your names. I'm excited to meet you all, and also excited to get after some turkeys!

Team 2
    TrevorTFO
    tonyj
    bloodcrick
    Drivetacks
    BigHoss
    Benny_bucks
    Hillybillyjedi
    Joshcalhoun18
    bornfromthecorn
    T-Rob

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    BigHoss likes this.
  2. bornfromthecorn

Dislikes Received:
    Alright so I will get this started. My name is Skyler and I am currently a student at South Dakota State University. I am majoring in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences. I am originally from Nebraska, and will likely be starting my season back home here in a couple weeks. I have only harvested one turkey with my bow, but several with a shotgun. Really excited to get after them again!

3. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, my names Trevor, senior in HighSchool. I'm from Minnesota and looking forward to April 12 to get after 'em!

bornfromthecorn likes this.
  4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in!!! Looks like Bloodcrick and I are gonna be the papa's of the group. :lol: My name is Jeff, and have been a Correctional Sergeant with my local sheriff's office going on 13 years now. I'm from north central CA (30 minutes north of Sacramento) and have lived in this area all my life. While our deer hunting leaves a little to be desired, our turkey hunting has gotten pretty good lately. Starting my 4th year bowhunting and I really love huntin' turkeys with a bow. It's hard but a ton of fun.

While I'm thinking of it, I thought of a couple team names to start that conversation...

Gobbler Getters
    Thunder Chicken Thumpers
    Beard Busters

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Howdy howdy! Crick checking in, yes Jedi we are lol. Name is Dan, I'm in southern IN and my season dosent start until the Turkeys are all but done breeding. Last week of April!

6. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone! My name is Paul and I am from South Dakota. Our season starts April 1st. I'm going to Oklahoma next week for hogs and then come back to hit the ground running. My goals this year are to take a bird with a headshot and get my 2 nephews each a shot on a bird. I've been scouting /shed hunting this month and should be ready for opening morning if things don't change too much while I'm gone next week. After that we'll see where we end up as the flocks break up. Good luck and lets have a great season!!

7. T-Rob

T-Rob Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in! My name is Trey and I am from Kansas. Season opens up here on April 3 and I will be trying to get my 2nd bird with a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    4 check-ins to go. Was out last night setting up my first camera so while I'm on vacation, I get an idea what the birds are doing. But I did see 2 hens, 1 jake and 2 good toms. I know more are around, just not sure exactly when. Hopefully when I get back, I'll know for opening morning. Fingers crossed!

9. bornfromthecorn

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good start! Finding them always seems to be the hardest part for me. My roommate (whos on team 4, roet14) and I found a decent spot that the birds have been roosting at. We set a camera up for a week and saw roughly 35 birds, a lot of jakes and hens, and at least 2 toms. Hopefully April 1 treats us well.

Hillbilly Jedi and Roet14 like this.
  10. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I'm here! Been battling with tapatalk and my internet signal for 2 days trying to check in, or maybe the forum was having an issue?

Anyway, I'm Kyle, from Vermont. Buried in 32" of fresh snow right now but bird numbers were looking pretty good up until then. I assume we will make it through ok, it's been pretty mild up until last week, and it's supposed to be above freezing most of the week. Hopefully we will see some birds getting back on some decent feed shortly! Looking forward to getting some trail cameras back out and locating some birds. I'll be ready to film opening morning (May 1st)! Hoping to get a head shot on film for the first time this year!

11. Tony.Loney

Tony.Loney Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. My name is Tony and I am in Missouri and I'm looking forward to the spring turkey season. I have several flocks located. I just hope I can still find them next month.

12. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good guys. Still 2 check ins to go so we'll see what happens. Just got back from So Cal today and already pulled my card. Ya buddy!!! 2 good toms and some jakes out there. I know there's other birds around too so we'll see how the season goes.
    STC_0065.JPG STC_0084.JPG
    The pine trees are 15 yards so they're at about 7 or 8 yards from my blind. Getting drawn with my bow might be the hardest part of the whole deal!

13. joshcalhoun18

joshcalhoun18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in. My name's Josh and I am from the great state of Texas! I've only shot 1 turkey with a bow but I'm hoping that will change this year. Our season starts this Saturday so I'll try to get a couple of hunts in this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

14. bornfromthecorn

Dislikes Received:
    Well like Josh, our season in Nebraska starts this weekend. I will be getting out on friday to scout and hopefully can turn something up. I will post up if I find anything!

15. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Oh boy...Less than 48 hours to go! Actually I'll be in the blind in about 33 hours, give or take a few minutes. Gonna pull the card again tomorrow and see what's showed up in the last 2 days. Hopefully a few more toms but we'll have to see. Christmas isn't even this exciting! I may not sleep tomorrow night!

16. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys!

17. bornfromthecorn

Dislikes Received:
    Ended up seeing 13 toms today, all in places that couldn't be hunted. We were able to get a hen into the decoys, pretty exciting even if we wouldn't shoot it. The birds were grouped up quite a bit still, needs to warm up a bit and they should break up into smaller groups. Pretty good opening weekend!

Hillbilly Jedi and BigHoss like this.
  18. Hillbilly Jedi

Dislikes Received:
    Well gents opening day was a success. My brother in law shot a nice Jake. There were 4 in the group but couldn't double down with the bow for me. It was great. It was only his second time hunting and first harvest so we had a great time. Still 3 good Jakes and 3 real nice toms running around so just a matter of time for me to put one on the board for us hopefully. I'll keep ya posted and hope everyone is well!

BigHoss and bornfromthecorn like this.
  19. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Im still here guys, been working like crazy!!

20. bornfromthecorn

Dislikes Received:
    Little update, roommate and I got out this morning to see if we could hear birds on the roost. We were able to, so opening day looks like it might be productive. At the very least we should see something. Gobbling pretty hard this morning!

on another note, should one of us message the last guy on the team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.