Diy ozone generator

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by headstrong, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have no electrical experience but would replacing/splicing the power cord with a equivalent rechargeable battery pack do the job? Any help would be appreciated.

2. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As long as the cord you are splicing was intended for the same D.C. Voltage as your battery pack. If you are talking about a power cord intended for a wall outlet, you can't do that without an inverter. Using one would be too inefficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Headstrong, any chance of getting a parts list for your first system? It sounds like your design would be great for sanitizing clothes and a lot cheaper.

4. Brooks23

Brooks23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto in this I would like to make one as well

5. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I did some amazon shopping and came up with a 10,000 mg /hour ozone generator for 44$. I ordered it today. I'm not sure if one that cheap is going to work or not, but I figured what the hell. I was shocked how many cheap ozone generators are available. I'll try and do some testing after I get it and post the results...

6. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It sound to me from what I have read, that once treated the clothing must not be in contact with anything or the treatment is short lived. Riding in or on a vehicle to the walk in site infects the clothing, so would have to dress in the field? Sounds to me like it is taking all the fun out of hunting. Like SOTA said - "Be clean and use the wind", (+ I use Nose Blocker) and keep the fun in hunting.

7. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure no matter how you remove scent from your clothing that contact with anything contaminates it. I like the idea of being able to start each hunt with scent free clothing without having to wash them, and wait for them to dry. I also hate washing expensive camouflage clothing anymore frequently than necessary. I have lots of early season outfits that have faded prematurely due to excessive washing. In most of the areas I hunt the wind is variable, some days it actually changes directions partway through my hunts. I use scent free shampoo and deodorant too. Even though as soon as I get out of the shower its effect begins wearing off. I agree on playing the wind, I just like to be as scent free as possible for when things go south..

8. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you feel that the nose blocker works? I've heard mixed reviews.

9. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not 100% but for the most part, I do. I had 3 bucks with 10 to 30 yds from me when I was using an old dead tree trunk as a blind. Missed a doe as the bolt hit a green thorny vine on the way out. Cannot shoot bucks with a crossbow without a special permit, which I now have but didn't at the time. This was before the shotgun season. Once they get chased all over with the "Army" type hunters it takes them about 20 days to settle back down again. During that time it is night movement only. I will definitely use the "Nose Blocker" this fall.

10. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As for washing clothing, it has been known and stated for years that more cloths is ruined from over washing than from wear. I don't wash my hunting clothes till they really need it. We have a water softener and use baking soda. The softener makes a lot of difference and pays for itself in benefits. One can be as scent free as possible and 15 min later you smell like a human being again to the deer and nothing can be done about that. You can only get so much scent in clothes, short of soaking it up with sweat. Each of our bodies are different as is each hunting situation. We have to do what we feel is best for us in our situation and not someone's that is 500 miles away.

ckempo likes this.
  11. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm one of those that goes pretty far to mitigate my scent infiltration. Last season, I had deer come as close as 8 feet and several within 15 yards - never got busted in any wind conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't built a closet yet, but the 44$ solid state ozone generator from amazon seems to work quite well. I used it to remove the "funk" from an upstairs storage room that kind of developed a stale smell.

IAFarmboy likes this.
  13. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good !!!

14. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Going to version #3 soon. They now offer a 200mg and 500mg plate in moisture proof or"blue plate" having a problem with the standard white ones not working from the humidity. I built the last one out of a Bushnell trail camera. Made a backer plate to screw everything into. Installed a 200mg transformer and plate, a rocket switch, 9v plug, and a 40 mm fan.
    It works off a power bank. I can use it to do my cloths after hunting each time. I can also strap it to a tree like a ozonics. I'll get some pics up later

bow-life530 likes this.
  15. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some pics of v2. Ordering the blue plate soon.

Attached Files:

16. Mpeck2892

Mpeck2892 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How big of a power bank is that and how long will it run the ozone generator?

17. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 15000 and a 20000
    Last a long time. I'm working on the new one as we speak. I added a selector switch to toggle between the external power bank and a battery pack that I made. I also added a transformer to keep the out put voltage at 12v. The power bank are only putting out 8.7v for some reason. They say they will do 12v but don't know how.

18. huntem steady

huntem steady Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How quiet is the fan

America...Love it or Leave it

19. Kendric Carter

Kendric Carter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I’m thinking about building my own ozonics, do you recommend it?