The big food plot mystery...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Siman/OH, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Piles of corn are not crack the deer are not powerless to resist, are they gun hunters who do not pressure their land while you are "sneaking" in while bow hunting?

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Its alot to explain. We have 110 acres sourrounded by 13 other properties and a campground.

Most are 5-9 acre lots that have been logged with corn piles. Theres a horse farm on one side of me (logged) with pastures and then 2 of my neighbors are hunters with food plots.

The deer have access to 7-8 seperate feeders/bait stations within a square mile. Its alot of cat and mouse as to which feeder they are bedded near.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

3. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Corn isn't crack but its effective on big bucks. In my mind baiting is no different then food plots. They are put in a specific place to attract and hold deer. You can just move a bait pile closer to the deer if need be. That's about the only difference.

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If acorns are in the woods corn will get hit sparingly that I can almost promise.