How do you keep your toes warm?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alfarah50, Jan 16, 2017.

1. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've always been one of those guys who would put on two pair of the thickest socks in my drawer and my feet always got cold. After a little research and good info from fellow forum members I realized this was pointless. I got a pair of the Arctic Sheild boot insulators from bass pro when they were on sale. I was a little skeptical because they aren't very thick but I figured I would give them a try. Hunted last week in 20-30 degree temps with 10-15 mph N winds. Wore a pair of regular socks, my leather 400g Rockys to the blind and as soon as I got settled in, put on the boot insulators. After about an hour, my toes started getting a little cold, threw a chemical hand warmer in each boot insulator on the tops of my feet and i was super comfortable the rest of the hunt. Well worth the $40 IMO.

2. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Another note is if your socks are made out of cotton they are no good for cold weather. Cotton holds moisture and it sits right against your skin.

5. Buckdragger

Buckdragger Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to say the exact thing about the layers of socks. I go out to my stand in 15-20 degrees and sit all day wearing non insulated Merrel hiking boots with one good pair of Realtree socks. My feet never get cold. The less restriction to blood flow the warmer your feet will stay. I figured that out around age 15 on a gun hunt when I thought I would beat the cold with three pairs of wool socks and when I stood up after 4 hours because my feet were what I thought was cold, I fell on the ground in my blind because they were completely asleep and I couldn't feel them. I have worn the above mentioned combo since then. No hand/toe warmers either. eliminate the bulk and how tight you tie your boots at the top and you will fair much better.

6. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Justin gave great advice!.
    side note......... get in the habit of spraying your feet with a good antipersperant EVERY moning!! i do this 365