I’ve got the a good wind for my best stand tonight.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BJE80, Oct 29, 2009.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The fenceline funnel that I have been careful not to overhunt is available tonight with the SE wind. This provides me with standing corn in back of me and harvested beans in front on me. This is a fence line funnel also. I saw a large 8 pointer here last Sunday night from a distance.
    I didn’t see anything last night from a different stand but I did have bucks cross the road with their nose to the ground on my way home not long after dark.
    They are moving now and they ARE going to move through this spot. I am sure of that. Now the question is will it be during daylight or not?
    I am also going to put out my buck decoy again and try that.

2. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck I have the perfect wind also. I really want to use it tonight we'll see.

3. Deerslayer7

Deerslayer7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    weird...was looking at the weather channel and i also have the perfect wind tonight to hunt my favorite set up......corn on the left...then hedge roll leading up this small neck of woods they are crossing through....with cut beans to the right..and corn farther right....should be a great night to be the stand here..little warm..gonna be about 58 degrees tonight..

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Are you sure we are not hunting the same place?? ;):eek:

5. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to have a SW wind this evening, perfect for my spot as well. I will be leaving work early so I can get into my stand. I just hope the rain either holds off or hurries up and blows through

6. Deerslayer7

Dislikes Received:

Haha not sure..but i was thinking the same thing, when you posted....i have been skunked in this spot twice....but i see deer sign alll over and have had success here in the past...i just feel something tonight...

All i hear is how the rut is kicking in full boar..and my friends are knocking down deer and seeing deer with their noses to the ground...so well have to wait and see..maybe ill see you out tthere tonight about 3:30 4..haha

7. Deerslayer7

Dislikes Received:
    No rain in the forcast for tonight..but we have horrible weather coming the next two days..thats why i feel they will be moving tonight , before this front comes through friday and saturday....

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed. That is another reason why I am excited as well. This is my last "after work" hunt of the year with the time changing Saturday so I am going to leave work early.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here is the current radar and where I am hunting. Hopefully it holds off. It is moving to the NW so I think I am okay.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  10. THWACKED

THWACKED Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i think you will start seeing them move about 5:00 as it starts cooling down at least that is what ive noticed the last few days and im only bout an hour and a half from you in west bend but good luck let me know how it works out