Well today was the day. 3 to 6 months off work trying to pass the time now.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Jan 5, 2017.

1. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well as many of you know I've had to go into surgery due to I lost 75 percent strength in my arms did hands couldn't turn my head left or right or up due to a bad accident in August I had. Well now it's time to pass time so what do you guys do to pass time and maybe have a little fun without stressing myself out after surgery more than I need. anything will help me in this time of need thanx guys I'l be down for 3 to 4 months they removed 4 discs in my spine 2 in my neck 2 in my mid back my hips are cut open due to they had to do a bone graph on them for the bone to put in the cages so for the next 3 months ill be down I have to have to wear my collar 8 to 12 weeks alone man this sucks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the recovery, be strong.

3. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. I don't know what I would do with that much down time and with what I'm sure will be some physical limitations for a while. Read a lot I guess. Get well soon.

4. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will keep you in my prayers and hoping your recovery goes the way you want it to.

5. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tune in to "how it is made" at about 12:30. That background music was essential to many of my afternoon naps while recovering in 2015.

Sent from my XT1254 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

6. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How did the surgery go? I'm about three months ahead of you on the same surgery

7. GoInLight

GoInLight Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wired to hunt podcast would be my go to. Praying for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx guys yeah I'm freaking out . But the funny thing was when I was waking up in guess I told them to get me naked take my blanket and Bib off and hand me my bow don't ask me why but I guess I was saying this and that is what was on my mind at the time lmao shooting deer naked lol. It's so wired how you say the weirdest stuff when waking up lol.

9. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Could always watch seasons of walking dead, game of thrones, Dexter, etc. Pray for a quick recovery!

sent from my mini hand held phone

10. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    lol ive seen them all already my wife is a tv show addict lol she watches and buys them all from walking dead to house to friends but thanx ill keep it in mind ive been looking for youtube channels to keep me busy and I found a pretty cool web site called trophy pursuit .com its not a bad show if you guys wana check it out.

11. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hushin channel is good

12. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's hoping that you have a full and complete recovery. I was laid up with a broke leg once and I read a lot of books during that time.

13. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Praying for your speedy recovery. Set yourself small goals and try not to think of it in months but rather one day at a time. Easier said than done I know. I can't stand sitting still long enough to even watch a full tv show. Things will get better man, stay strong and dream about drawing that now again and being out in the woods.

14. Excalibur

Excalibur Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Get well soon man. That sucks you have to go through all this. I would do a lot of reading and watching youtube videos, not to mention a lot of posting on here to past the time. I hope you heal up quick to get back to shooting your bow, hopefully with cloths on, lol.

Your friendly neighborhood Bow Hunter

15. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon t.v. shows like mentioned and listen to lots and lots of audio books. Also maybe start getting into/learning about sports that you haven't been too interested in before possibly from different parts of the globe and follow them on-line and listen to all the sports talk surrounding them. You could learn another language through Rosetta Stone or follow blogs of people doing crazy world adventures. If you like to travel and explore you could pick up a bunch of lonely planet books/watch peoples youtube videos of those places and go on mental vacations through different countries while planning for the real thing someday. Brush up on U.S. and global history. Astronomy is awesome and complex and is one of those things that when outdoors could provide for endless thought and conversation while staring up into the sky. Anything to keep that mind focused on different, entertaining things. Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  16. Beetle Bailey

Beetle Bailey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MOTV has a lot of different outdoors shows. I think it's 9.99 a month and I got a bow hunter magazine subscription with it for the length of my membership. Still waiting on my 1st magazine but have been watching hunting and fishing shows whenever I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

17. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx everyone for the help and support I really appreciate it . Yeah ill be down for awhile I can't even lift a gallon of Milk for the first 2 weeks this sucks. But all in all I'm doing alot better I regained all my strength in my arms and hands no more numbness or tingling in my arms or hands and once my brace and stitches come out I should be able to turn my head again Yay lol . What really hurts is the darn bone graphs they took off my hips they couldn't get enough off the one they said they would of taken to much so had to take from both and man of man does that really hurt I feel that more than anything . But thanx again everyone for the support man I can't wait to shoot again lol .

18. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  19. tomahawksooner

tomahawksooner Newb

Dislikes Received:
    When I was down from surgery, I did a lot of research on new places to hunt, different techniques and stand locations

Sent from my XT1650 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

20. bowhunterforlife39

bowhunterforlife39 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest whitetail is a good one to watch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

Tags: