NAP kill zone or double cross??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ryan Slingerland, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Ryan Slingerland

Ryan Slingerland Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking of switching to one of these two broadheads for next season. Currently I am shooting the G5 montec 100 grain broadhead, but I'm looking to try something new. I shoot a pse surge set at 60lbs. I love the montec but I'd like something that does a bit more damage and leaves a bit of a better blood trail. Just curious what your guys' thoughts are on these two and what you guys suggest if you've used them. I can't decide what to use. Or is there another broadhead I should be looking at?? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try the muzzy Trocar HB's, they do some pretty good damage imo.

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    DoubleCross. I was a Rage shooter, then a Killzone shooter, and now a DoubleCross shooter. I've killed 3 deer as of tonight with the DoubleCross and it's performed perfect each time. I like the idea of more than two blades, the second set has opened flawlessly each time on the deer I've shot with them so far.

4. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've killed 3 deer with the NAP Spitfire Maxx's and none of those deer went 90 yards before crashing. The BHOD team clearly killed deer after deer with the Doublecross this year and the Killzones in the past. I personally have only tried the Spitfire Maxx's since I switched from Rage, but I like the big hole they make and the blood trails were great. I'll be using them again next year

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had very good results (pass-thrus) with the two shots I've made with the Spitfire Maxx this year. I wish I had better blood trails (considering Killzone), but I was able to recover the deer (15 yard, 70 yards before piling up).

How do you like the Spitfire Maxx compared to Rage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. primetime_Deion

primetime_Deion Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the only reason I didn't get pass thrus with any of my shots were because they all stuck in the opposite shoulder.
    I used to be stuck on rage, but I switched to the Spitfire Maxx's this past year to try something new. I like the bigger hole vs the 2-blade cut I was using in the 2-blade Rage. I found the blood trail to be better with the bigger hole. Otherwise, I don't have any other reason so far. I figured if I've seen the BHOD crew using them and kill deer quickly, I would try them.

7. 4Blade

4Blade Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Please check out the RamCat 125gr broadhead. You asked if there is another broadhead you should be looking at and the Ramcat is the one. It is devastating and extremely accurate.

8. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also found tremendous flight from the Spitfire Maxx's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the Killzone very much, but in my opinion the Rage Hypodermic is the best mechanical on the market. The Killzone makes a great hole, but it's typically smaller than the hole left by any o the Rage 2 blade expandables. The Double-Cross looks like a stone cold killer.

10. seangarchery

seangarchery Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Between those 2 heads the double cross is a better choice. The killzone takes way to much pressure to open on impact. You will lose a lot of ke upon impact with the killzone. Even though the double cross penetrates better because it takes much less ke to open it's still 3 inches of cutting surface and you are only 60 lbs.on a bow that's not a speed bow. I'd consider the nap sling blade if I was you. 1 7/8 inch cut. Full deployed on entry and good blood trails. Penetration isn't bad either. It's just like the the double cross with no spitfire blades.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

11. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've killed 5 deer just this year with the killzone's (prob 15 total). Everyone of them have been devastating. Only head I use.

12. John The Hunter

John The Hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Shot placement more important than the broadhead.

That said, I'm a Killzone guy.

13. KillzoneMaxxfan

KillzoneMaxxfan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Considering your set-up, I'd have to guide you to the Double-Cross. A phenomenal head that flies perfect. NAP heads are durable and the blades are tough and most of all...sharper than most any head on the market.