truglo drop away rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter728, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    has anybody had any good/ bad issues with this arrow rest. i have been looking at one of these and the apache drop away. i currently have a whisker biscuit on my bow now and i wanna change it. i just need some input on them cause every time i went to you tube it didn't help me any.

2. J.H.

J.H. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the apache is a good rest, never tried the truglo.

3. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went from a whisker biscuit to the Trophy Ridge Revolution drop away rest and love it. It is a full capture rest allowing me to move around similar to the whisker.
    I don't think you'll go wrong with either brand you listed, but I'd lean towards a full capture rest. (Personal preference) Sorry to not answer your question, had to offer another opinion/product to look at for you.

4. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    honestly I'm open to all opinions and options at this point. Thanks for the input I will check them out as well

5. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I switched from a whisker biscuit, I went with a tru glow updraft dropaway. I got about 3 weeks of flawless use out of it then the launcher arm wouldn't go all the way down. Quick trip to the shop, they tell me the rest is shot and they have had many of the same rest returned for the same issue.

I got my money back and bought a trophy taker smack down pro. Zero complaints (and they have a lifetime warranty). Have had the same one on my one bow for almost 3 years now and thousands of shots put through it.

It has treated me so well, I put one on my new bow also.

6. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    ok i will check them out as well. i just don't wanna buy something and not like it