one pin sight! help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by hackattack, Jan 1, 2017.

1. hackattack

hackattack Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am almost certain that I want to purchase a one pin sight. Having trouble with the 5 pins and feel that I would be more accurate with a single pin, and you also have a exact yardage as long as you get you sight adjusted to you found with a range finder.
    looking to spend upwards of 280 dollars. I am looking at the axcel brand and the hha brand. This would be used to hunt and I am looking for an easy adjust sight, as you know things can happen fast in the deer woods.
    I am new to this compound deal as of setp. And I am learning but dont know whats best for what and how certain models and brands work best. From guys that use a one pin sight, what works best for you?
    thanks

2. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hha are nice and so are axcels. Its all personal preference. Both are well built and nice. Wont be disappointed with either. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. CToutdoorsman

CToutdoorsman Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Cant go wrong with eather i shoot the hha and love it and you can find it for a good price. good luck!

4. Deerhunter 28

Deerhunter 28 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the HHA dial.
    Very satisfied.

Never used the other brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both are great sights and you will be happy with either of the two.
    If you can look at the two of them side by side you will then have to decide which one you see better.

6. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both are good brands. I would lean towards the HHA. I am shooting the kingpin, and I love it.

7. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How far do you plan to shoot in hunting situations? Is a fix d single pin out of the question, assuming your bow is pretty fast.

I'm curious which single pin brands you've ruled out and why? I thought IQ made nixes sights and had a single pin offering.

8. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the spothogg fast Eddie single pin and the trophy ridge clutch also they have so many adjustments and are fully micro adjustable. Hha is more of a hunting sight and axcel are awesome sights but more for 3d and tornys in my opinion but there's so many great single pins out there my favorite would be the fist 2 I named. I have both sights I csn post pics of them if you wana see them

9. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Black Gold Ambush Ascent. It is as good as any HHA and is around $180.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

10. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the HHA Kingpin, switched from a multi-pin sight a couple of years ago and have been completely satisfied. I went with the kingpin rather than the other HHA sights because they moved the dial to where it was more accessible and didn't get in the way of your quiver mount. I don't have any experience with the other single pins. Points I will share about the HHA, it is built very strong, extremely sturdy, made in the USA. Haven't had to try warranty or customer service but I hear they are good with HHA. Good luck in your selection.

11. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the HHA optimizer and I doubt if I'll ever shoot anything else. It is excellent.

12. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To bad you can't put a lense in a hha sight. That's the only reason from keeping me from spending 300 on one I can get a better sight with more abilities than hha for a better price like spothogg, trophy ridge , black gold or axcel sorry hha your just to heavy and don't have any thing worth spending 300 on over the other sights on the market .

13. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have HHA sights on both my bows. They are easy to setup and built very well.

14. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My advice is to stay with the 5 pin. Here is what happened to me. Two seasons ago I had been hunting this 150s buck that I call Ghost because he disappears when the season starts and I typically only see him once a year chasing a doe during the rut. So it's Nov 6th and I hear running coming from behind me. I turn just in time to see a doe running full blast under my stand within 5 yards of my tree. I grab my bow knowing a buck is chasing her. I see it's ghost (I was hunting the thicket so I didn't have much of a line of sight) by the time I grabbed my bow and tried to stop him he was out near 35 yards (guessing) so by the time I took my release off my d-loop and grabbed my range finder to range and moved the dial on the sight to 35 yards he took off running after the doe again. I nocked my release back on the d-loop but now he was 40 to 45 yards out with too many branches in the way. If I would of been using a 5 pin sight I wouldn't of had to turn the dial to the distance for the 1 pin sight and would of shot the biggest buck of my life. I went back to a 5 pin sight the next day. So there are advantages and disadvantages to 1 pin sights. I dislike the disadvantages more than the advantages so stay with a 5 pin sight.

15. Planopurist

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a fixed pin guy, but I believe there are hybrid sights with like 2 fixed pins (20, 30) and a movable pin (40+). This might bridge the gap of advantages/disadvantages.

16. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    May be my eyes but i have issues focusing on 1 pin sights. I have an IQ 5 pin sight and my reps have only gotten better.

17. Planopurist

Dislikes Received:
    Considering an IQ Hybrid for my next hunting sight.

18. Tmpky

Tmpky Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The "eye" really does work.. It helps me more not to torque the bow. My anchor is usually always on but i find myself having to let my hand open for it to come back to dead center.. I would recommend this brand to anyone.

19. Devan

Devan Newb

Dislikes Received:
  20. Planopurist

Dislikes Received:
    What's your range on the ground with the pin fixed?

Tags: