Heated gear/jackets

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kurveball18, Sep 29, 2015.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm figuring that out first hand. The 3 stores I called had some in stock but are gone already. I ended up just ordering the new Heated Milwaukee Vest from Home Depot's website. Should have it next week Tuesday. I wanted to get it from a store that I have locally as well in case I have issues.

2. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our local Home Depot in lake Geneva had some in stock the other day. The HBS is great but I would use it maybe 2-3 times per year. The heated vest could get used all winter.

3. ilikefire541

ilikefire541 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm interested in finding out more about this HBS stuff you're talking about. After looking up HBS all I found was Harvard Business School and I have a hard time thinking that's what you're talking about.

I hunt where it gets into the -20/30 degree mark and trying to later enough to keep warm yet still be able to move is a challenge.

Thanks

Spend Your Life Outdoors

4. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use heated gear on my motorcycles, but haven't tried it yet hunting. It works great on a bike in the winter months. But those are run off of my 12v system and not a battery pack.

I can't get into the really bulky Heater Body Suits or Iwom type suits. Just not for me.

5. SullyMitch

SullyMitch Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just to add. You might want to consider checking this site:
    6 Best Heated Jackets 2016 | Your Wear Guide
    These should be able to tell you which one to get depending on your needs. I recommend Milwaukee M12. Heated pockets are cool!! Even though there is no hood with this heated jacket, the heated pockets are the best. You can wear a hat when you need to cover your head. The Milwaukee battery pack is not as bulky as the Dewalt which I also own and does have a hood.