Bear Archery Products, ( i.e crux, attitude, encounter)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by AppleboyzNSF, Jul 27, 2015.

1. AppleboyzNSF

AppleboyzNSF Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any users of the Bear Archery products that have " reviews "? I've read other reviews but am unsure on whether or not a beginner package would be acceptable with this manufacturer.

2. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the Bear Attitude and I love it. Bear makes a quality product even in their entry level offerings. I am a Bear fanatic but they wouldn't have been around as long as they have otherwise. Go shoot one and you will see.

3. rayder

rayder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Loved the attitude when I was looking at bows this spring! I went back and forth with that and the hoyt charger, the hoyt just felt slightly better in my hand personally so I went with that instead. But just shooting the attitude I liked it more than the more expensive crux, but as far as the beginner package, I believe bear's beginner packages are just as good as any other brand, certainly will get the job done!

4. smitty88

smitty88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had the Bear Strike (2011 model). It was a perfect beginners bow and actually for the price it was just a good all around bow. I don't really think you can go wrong with a Bear purchase. I just sold mine and got a Mathews. The reason was the Mathews had less vibration, harder back wall, smoother draw, and faster. But was it worth all the extra money? Time will tell. One thing that turned me off on the Bear was the dual string stoppers. I'm sure they changed the design, but on mine the string was barely caught and about every 100th shot it would miss the string stopper and throw my shot off.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After back surgery #2 in 2007 I could no longer shoot my trad bows. So I went to the sporting good's store and bought a $199 Bear Element. I hunted with that bow from 2007 to 2012. I refinished with new strings and gave it to my nephew who is still killing deer with it. Some people bash Bear because you can buy them at big box stores, but even the cheaper ones are very serviceable bows.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot a Bear Method and absolutely love it - They make great bows.

7. Bear bow shooter

Bear bow shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ive got the attitude and its doing great,wanted the method but it was a little more expensive,went back later and it was 20% off:(

8. Bagamissprime

Bagamissprime Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a Bear Showdown and I'm the 2nd owner. Although I haven't put a deer down with it, I love it. Please note it's not because of the bow that I haven't put one down, I'm just a terrible shot.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bear empire for me. If you shop long enough you can find a great deal.
    Like them so much that I have 2.

10. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I recently switched from a PSE DNA, to a 2013 bear anarchy.....AND LOVE IT!!! 35" ata 7.5" brace height, smooth draw, I can't ask for anything more! I'm really impressed with the Anarchy, glad I made the switch.

11. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Jennings Reliant. It doesn't have the Bear name plate but at the time it was made, Bear owned Jennings and used the name for their high end bows. They have since discontinued using the Jennings name and brought everything under the Bear brand but the jennings influence can still be seen. I would buy another Bear product without hesitation.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

12. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Own a Bear Empire, shot all the others and the only other one that felt better was the Elite. I got a great deal on it and it is awesome. Had a Bear Assault before and it was a killing machine. Bear Empire is easy to tune, great back wall, silent, and no hand shock. Got it with Trophy Ridge 5 pin Sight, WB, Trophy Ridge 9" Stabilizer, 1 Doz. Victory arrows, and hard case for $645.00 brand new off e-bay. Great buy! Did Change out the sight to a single pin and a QAD fall-away, already had both on hand.

13. Ranger93

Ranger93 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh, I forgot came with Trophy Ridge 6 arrow quiver also.

14. preacherman

preacherman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have bow hunted for 8 years. I have shot & had Pse ( vendetta), Hoyt, Mathews Htr no-cam, Today I shot a Bear Method & it's without a doubt the best feeling, smoothest bow I have ever shot. Quiet, dead in hand. Awesome!!! I bought it !!!!! It's my first Bear, won't be my last.

15. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Preach, it sounds like you're a happy camper! Good luck with your new bow.

16. preacherman

preacherman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks , I really am. I'm not really stuck on one brand just want a good quality now that gets job done. This is the sweetest bow I've ever shot

17. rpinney

rpinney Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My first bow was a bear encounter, I loved it. Killed plenty of deer with it and it was a good beginner bow for sure. I since upgraded to a Bear Motive 6. And I couldn't be happier. I've killed 2 nice bucks with it and the speed of the bow is just outrageous. Very fast! I recommend bear for anyone!

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. 95grvrMotive6

95grvrMotive6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a motive 6 and love it. I shot a venue the other day was considering buying it and keep my motive for back up but couldn't afford it. Just look around for new old stock I had them talked way down on the bow just didn't have the extra cash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app