Elite Impulse 31

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by goodling725, Dec 19, 2016.

1. goodling725

goodling725 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys, just joined this forum. I currently shoot a Hoyt Charger. However, i have grown fond of the Elites over the last few years. That being said im looking to purchase an impulse 31. To the guys that have them do you absolutely love them and why? Or do you absolutely hate them and why? Just trying to get some info before i sell my charger to fund operation Elite.
    Thanks.

2. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tell us what you like about the Elite Impulse 31.

3. goodling725

goodling725 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love the fact that they have that crazy back wall. Pretty much the weight of the bow will hold it back. I also like that they have that extra cage for more rigidity more or less. Smooth draw cycle, and smooth shooting cycle. I just wanted to see if anyone had aNY major issues

4. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot one Elite that belongs to a buddy. I forget the Model. A very solid back wall and easy to hold for a long time with the left off. Draw was not the smoothest. I didn't like the feel of the grip. I thought the bow was quiet and a tack driver.

5. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have an impulse 31. My favorite bow I have owned by far. If you like it and its comfortable to you, you won't regret it at all. I have mine set to 60# and the hold is so great I will probably just buy a new set of higher # limbs this year. I had a really hard time between this bow and the halon 6 this past off season and this elite was just more comfortable to me. Both had great draw cycles but the back wall on the elite was the best of every bow I tried.

6. goodling725

goodling725 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input guys, i really appreciate it, I pretty much made my decision from online reviews, reviews on youtube. now i need to try to sell my Charger. Which could be a pain considering the PowerMaxx is out now, but well give it a go.

7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Elite line of bows are perfectly fine but before you buy anything do yourself a favor and shoot every bow you can before you buy. For example the Obsession Def-Con M6 from last year you can find for about 600 if you look hard enough. It has the same backwall when using limb drawstops and to me has a much smoother draw cycle. But different people like different things. The only way to tell is to shoot several of them side by side and get the one that feels best to you. Good luck!!

8. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  9. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot an E32 for the past two years and haven't shot another bow yet that makes me want to switch. There's a lot of fine bows out there for sure though

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

10. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have been very pleased with Impulse 31 so far. I agree with what has been said about trying different bows and brands. I had been shooting Mathews (Z7 extreme, MQ-32) prior to my shoulder surgery. The reduced poundage of the 60# draw is so nice and I can hold it for days. Just a pleasure to shoot and very accurate!