*** 21 Jump String - Team 21***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Evilstuff, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas I think this will be another key weekend to be in the woods I'm pretty much tagged out doe wize and will be focusing the remainder of my season on a buck we've had some nice cool Temps lately and not to bad for highs. On the 22nd I shot a decent doe got the shot on film I think but it was a deadly hit I was yet to recover a deer from the ridge and she gave me a great hunt. 15 yd pass thru shot with the slick magnum and didn't go but 40 yds I watched her go down. I told myself that I wasn't gonna take a doe out of there because I didn't have to with other good doe stands at the ready but I felt like I had to break the ice on this ground so I released an arrow.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Well yesterday I hunted again but at a different location and low and behold I spot does coming into the field around 430 Ish and by 445 they had made there way into 20yds the larger doe offered a quartering away shot and the rest is history it was also a very short track so with only 1 doe tag lingering I am officially trophy/meat hunting now waiting for a big buck to make a mistake. I hope you guys are having a successful and good season and also that yall had a good Thanksgiving also hopefully the next pic or video I share I will be behind a hitlister.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Jeffrey! Looks like you put a great shot on her!

3. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This may be my last weekend to hunt. I'll be out friday after work, until sunday afternoon. After 2 weeks of shotgun season, it will be interesting to see what is walking around. Hoping for atleast a doe, but would love to shoot a buck.

4. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Same here minus the last weekend hunting part it's still go time until Jan 15th

5. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Took another doe for the freezer on the 28th fellas tagged out on does in OK shooter bucks are still mia. Here is a link to my most recent hunt. Nov 28th 2016 Whitetail Doe Harvest "Heart Shot" - YouTube
    Hope you guys like and subscribe also l. Hoping for more awesome hunts to come!!!

6. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    What's going on guys quick update!! Well I was able to hunt this past Sunday at a location that I am somewhat familiar with but had never hunted this portion of it before. I got in there at about 3:00 fairly early because it was an urban spot and the dear are pretty much on a last light basis for movement so I take the climber in and get setup between bedding and a water source. Well I'm sitting there and I decide what they hey its nice and quiet a Lil too quiet so I'm gonna take an online test while waiting, and so I did and by the time I got to answering the last question I look over my right shoulder and I see antlers!!!! So I'm like ok this is it!!!! Perfect situation with at least 30 min of legal shooting light left. So I quickly turn around put my phone in my front pocket and by the time I turn back around to look I hear him busting out of the funnel. I don't know if he winded me or caught movement but this guy said he wasn't dieing today. Every hunting experience is different and I learned a lot from this hunt even tho I didn't get the buck it presented unknown info of him and it was my second encounter with a buck all season. I'm looking forward to Sat morning guys!!!! It should be a good weekend.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  7. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Just went in and checked a card I was really curious as to what I saw the other night when I looked over my shoulder and sure nuff he showed back up in the same location. I'm pretty sure this is the same 2 year old I saw while on stand but only caught a glimpse because he did not stick around. He definitely has some potential for the future and is in a good position to plant his seed for some future bowhunting. I look forward to hunting him in the future if he can stay alive long enough!!! In just gonna call him Slicker from now on because he is a city Slicker that has showed up in a great area. Forgot to set that clock back again actual time Isaw more like 5 p.m [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I am truly excited to say the big 8 survived rifle season he is a true bruiser and I hope 1 day he gives me an opportunity!!! No signs of the big 9 but getting this pic was a breath of fresh air for this hunting spot.[​IMG]

9. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hitting the woods tomorrow evening. I'm not giving up yet. I haven't had a lot of time lately to hunt, but should get quite a few chances to go in the coming weeks. There are still some good bucks around, so hopefully one of them will give me a shot.

10. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a doe yesterday morning with the slug gun. 1 more weekend of gun hunting and I'll be back with a bow in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Went out a few times over the weekend didn't see a thing and it was pretty damn cold out pretty sure the deer are focusing on key food sources coming into the winter. Any luck out there guys!!!

12. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  13. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    Was out yesterday morning. Checked a cam, and had over 1000 pics over 2 weeks. Mostly does checking for remaining food when i dumped corn and apples when i left.

Had 4 does come in, but the closest they got was 45 yards, and i had no shot. May try to get out the 23rd or the week after Christmas.

14. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend coming up so hopefully I'll get a shot at something.

15. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hopefully we have 50 points for the team! Can't believe it took this long to put down a doe.

16. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Bumped her last night 3 hours after the shot. Went back this morning and she was stiff as a board! Coyotes got a little bit of the back legs but not much. She ran a total of 250 yards. Shot her at 60 yards and she turned slightly. Got liver and one lung. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    Nice, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

18. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Glad u found her congrats!!!

19. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! I have practiced a ton lately out to 80 and when the shot presented itself I was extremely confident with my ability. Hit her about 2 inches back but she was quartering less then I thought. Worked out well tho.

20. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    Had a very good hunt last night. Saw well over 20 deer. Passed a 120 8 because of the 140 that was with him. I had 12 deer in front of me and I couldn't move. Ended up busting me when I tried to draw. I was ground hunting so it was tough.

Wish I could hunt this morning but I'm going to test for the state patrol. Hopefully I get back in time for a hunt this afternoon.