Best customer service for Game Cameras?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Afflicted, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and support and repair.

I've bought a mess of Moultries cameras over the years and it burns my arse to have them tell me that if it older than a year they will not replace or fix it. These things aren't cheap and I'm looking to move forward with some new cameras with a company that stands by there product. I'm even in FL so the worst my cameras get is rained on so can't figure out why they quit on me after a year or so.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can only speak from a little bit of knowledge. Moutrie sucks!!!!

I have sent back two Coverts. One was still under warranty, but the other was not. They replaced both without any issue.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had one issue out with a Reconyx and they replaced the camera with an upgrade. I owned 5 of them and that was the only time I ever used CS. They were excellent.

I can't really speak for the other cams I had as they been too unreliable and I treated them as basically disposable.

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Exact same for me on both accounts.

5. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    check out trailcampro.com they sell a tons of different brands and they give you a 2yr warranty on all new cameras bought. i have been running browning trail cams for the last 2yrs and havent had any issues with them yet, and i live in western Pennslyvania so my cameras see hot weather then rain and snow and bears lol. i would start shopping at trail cam pro awesome guys to deal with and they have an extensive testing for cameras to

6. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    I like to stay around or under $100 for Camera's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Just the two year warranty sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have three Bushnell's. My first cam was taking really crappy pics (this was years back). Less than a year old, they replaced it with a newer, upgraded model. Just this past fall, I purchased a new Bushnell Aggressor, went to upgrade the firmware and killed it, one call to support and they had one in the mail that same day! Only two times I have needed them so, support in both cases was considered great!

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Browings and the spy point 10 I think...they get great reviews and are about that price.
    They have them both new on eBay for just around 100

10. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know who has the best. I do know that can have Customer Service any worse than Cuddeback. Terrible CS. I used them for years. At one time I had 14 going. Then they all took a crap. 4 of them a week after the "warranty period". Now all my Cuddeback cameras are just for target practice with my rifle. The last 2 years I have been using Moultries (6 of them) with no issues.

11. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Moultrie Sucks, covert has been good so far

12. fordnut

fordnut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exodus

13. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I get all mine from them too now.

14. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I had my way I would use Reconyx, I just cant afford those cameras. I use Covert, Bushnell, and Browning a lot. My Bushnells are great, never had an issue with them ever. The Coverts had an issue sent 2 in and they sent me new ones in a few days, in my opinion thats great service. My Browning camera had a wood pecker poke out the sensor, and they sent me a new one and directions to fix it, great service also.

15. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bushnell has great customer service. They used to carry a 2 year warranty and I've had 2 of them replaced in that time. Both times they sent me a newer model since the model I had was discontinued and upgraded.
    Moultrie just offers like a 30 - 40 % discount on a camera. Even with the discount you can find them cheaper online, so what is that worth?

16. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I worked (promotional staff) with the Covert people for a couple years. Always had my cams replaced if their was an issue very quickly. Now that i no longer "work" with them, i dont have the same results. They wont replace anything older than a 2015 model (2 years). Which is funny, because i had multiple 2013 models simply stop working right at the 2 year mark. Nothing on my end (wont read memory cards anymore), and i was told i was SOL.

Between 2007-2009 i replaced the one Stealth cam i had at least 5 times, always getting the newer model, which would always stop working. They were pretty good with my as far as customer service, i just got sick of a crap product and eventually threw the last one away.

USA Trail Cams have been very good to me over the last year as they work out the bugs. Marc Cavanaugh always gets back to me quickly.

My 2 cents.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  17. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have had pretty good luck with moultrie actually. I won't spend more than $100 on a camera because I figure they will last 2-3 years.