Chris Brackett's 60 Yard Shot Video, Rant, etc.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Justin, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ozone machine can fix that is short order.

2. Imtodd4791

Imtodd4791 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A great shooter but doesn't have an ethical bone in his body. Arrogant and then giving credit to God...give me a break. I remember growing up with my cousins shooting song birds one summer day with BB guns until my uncle caught us....that was our first painful lesson in respect for the creatures of the forest. Making that decision to take the life of another creature should not come down to a simple flip of a coin and see what happens. When I recover a downed animal, a wave of emotions runs through me. Excitement, sadness and acceptance (all gone once I start field dressing). Always give thanks to the animal harvested. You took the life to give life, right? Definitely not this guys (or most tv hunters) way of thinking. If this guy can confidently shoot that distance (wonder how many lame attempts he made in the past on long shots at animals and injured) more power to him, but his attitude and reasoning on even shooting a deer laying down at 60 yards is terrible. Crappy role model for anyone.

3. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, I'm celebrity hunter Stinky Butt. You've heard me rave about Ozonics for my fifteen hundred dollar condo blind, but did you know it can also do wonders for that massively nauseating morning bowel movement smell?

**cue up action photo of me reading a book on commode amidst golf ball hitting water sounds.**

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tell you what you could put an ozone machine in your camo bibs and lay down your best fart and you would never smell it, works way better than the carbon hunting outfits.:lol:

5. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    If they marketed those effectively towards suffering wives, they'd exceed their quota.

I need to give my sister in law the 411 on those machines. My brother her husband once ripped one off so foul it woke him out of a dead sleep. Mind you, HE WAS WEARING A CPAP MASK AND THE OXYGEN WAS RUNNING.

He sat up and said, "What's that smell?" His wife was sitting up in bed reading. "It's you! Lay off the fish oil pills for awhile. I can't stand it."

6. huntingcanada331

huntingcanada331 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Can someone tell me where I can find this video? I'm pretty darn ticked off reading that he was dumb enough to try this..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

7. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Facebook

8. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Taking long shots bowhunting is a hunting fail, not a hunting success. WOOOOOO!!!

9. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Chris Brackett and Chip Spaulding are total D-Bags. 12-sausage-party-douche.w529.h352.jpg

10. richard932

richard932 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanted to post BOW HUNT OR DIE. Practice shooting into sunlight at 120 so when that buck comes back to the horn buck seed plot at 60 yard you and hit him 50........Nothing but bone...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

11. SkyThumper

SkyThumper Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I unfriended Chris a long time ago ..some people aren't meant to deal with the public..he's one. I dont care how good a shot he is. After I saw some of his comments on his FB page I couldn't stomach seeing anything he is in . What a total *** hat ! Sometimes you just have to suck it up and not shoot at an animal no matter how big he is. He might can shoot a 5in group at 80 yd still target but a wild animal is a completely different deal.. he gives the sport a bad name doing stuff like that !

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

12. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He was at a local archery re grand opening couple of years ago. He was bragging how he shot the big elk I had to walk away from him telling the story. He was a way better hunter when he first started out back in the day.

13. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I say this based on personal experience, learned this season:
    it doesn't matter if you can bust nocks all day long on targets at the range at 80 yards- that doesn't mean a whitetail deer is just going to stand there and let you do it to him. That deer don't give a damn what your name is, how cool your beard is, or who your sponsors are. Anything over 40 yards and often as not you're like as not to miss or worse maim and lose that animal as you are to wrap your hands around those horns.

I got lucky this season on a misjudged distance (thought he was 40; ended up being 48.) The deer was perfectly broadside and looking slightly away as I released. I was only slightly above him in elevation. At the sound, his head turned and he must've seen the lighted nock and ducked right into it; turning what would have been a clean miss into a "perfect" top heart/lung shot.

If I had to guess that arrow had closed to within 30-25 yards by the time he saw it- and he still had time to hunker down that much.

Happy ending, but Lesson Learned- 40 yards max on a whitetail. And that's with "perfect conditions".

14. w33kender

Dislikes Received:
    Clearly, he does not care if he wounds and fails to recover an animal. And he gets all those comped hunts for free advertising from outfitters, but does those land managers and owners a great disservice.

That whole "God didn't want me to kill a deer" attitude...I "get" the Christian concept that God loves us and is interested in our lives, but does that make us the center of his universe? I think not. Narcissism, however, makes us think we are the center of his universe, though.

Wendy's is out of ice cream. "God didn't want me to have a frosty today."

Oh, I'm constipated. "God didn't want me to poop today."

I slipped on a banana peel. "God must want me to bust my keester today."

I mean no offense to the devout believers among us in our sport, but guys like Brackett not only give bowhunters a black eye, but Christianity in general. All of us are flawed, but not all of us keep talking and keep making bad decisions to confirm just how much.

15. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Who knew I'd read such a profound statement from the porcelain throne today?
    I salute your sage insight, sir.

16. mobowdoebuck

mobowdoebuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is very good. It is a perversion of Man first attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

17. Woods

Woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know anything about this guy other than what's posted here and can't watch the video cause I don't have Facebook but all these posts make me think this guy is the Kanye West of the T.V. hunting industry world.

18. wildernessninja

wildernessninja Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Real talented archer. Poor hunter thow. Seen his show and didn't take me long to stop watching it. One show if I remember right he gut shot a deer,then went on to say it's OK I'm shooting a big exspandable. When you shot them it makes bad shots good. We will find them in the mourning.

19. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Justin I applaud you and couldn't agree more with your post. I do not like Chris Brackett, never did since the moment I laid eyes on that show of his.

I can't add anything to this conversation other than whats already been said. I do know however, that longer shots, up to 60 yards aren't out of the realm when spot and stalk mule deer hunting out west. Is this considered unethical too? I don't even like that distance on animals as big as elk. Not so much in the accuracy department, but the penetration can't be great on an animal as large as an elk at those distances.

20. mississippi hoyt shooter

mississippi hoyt shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If Chris brackett has the confidence in the shot and he knows he can make it. Why not. But my comfort zone is 40 and under