Tuning question?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Csubucs76, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got a new agenda 7 at Palmetto State Armory in Summerville, SC. Shoots great. However the first d loop I had popped off mid pull about a week after I got it. 2nd d loop the guy burned part of it, not the ends, and it was beginning to tear. Went back today and a different guy who seemed more competent tied it on it everything was fine. But then I shot it and from my 20 yard mark it was about 8 inches high. I had just shot it and it was dead on at 20. It's all fixed now but I had to bump my sight up tremendously. Does anyone know what may have caused that?

2. Revman

Revman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did he put bow in a press and take string off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bowman92

Bowman92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Probably different d-loop length which could change your anchor point and therefore your orientation to a peep, etc...8" off seems like a lot, but who knows. I have a try-fire release with a buckle and if I don't get it into the same hole every time my POI will be off quite a bit just from that small change...shoot it through paper if you want, or just adjust your sights.

5. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Everything shot great today. Just like it was before I took it. Just adjusted the sights and had to re sight in all the way up from 20. So not too concerned just curious as to,what could have made it change that much.

6. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No he didn't. Just changed the d loop

7. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Test shoot a broadhead arrow to see if it is hitting with your fieldpoints. If the D-loop is set low, you can compensate with your sight shooting a field point arrow but a BH or bare shaft will reveal if it is not set up correctly. Did your peep remain in the right position in relation to your ancho and eye?

8. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Everything feels fine and it looks dead on level with an arrow nocked

9. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    If everything is "dead on level".....why was there an 8" difference at 20 yards????

10. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go back through all your tuning steps. It doesn't take much in a change to throw off the tune. Fraction of an inch up or down. D-loop tighter or loser causing more or less knock pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Csubucs76

Csubucs76 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Dead on after the adjustment everything is shooting just fine out to fifty. I'm just curious what threw it off for me to have to re-adjust all of my marks

12. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you started shooting high from where you were set and sighted in then the most likely reason was your lower knot of the dloop had slid up and was causing knock pinch, you can test this by knocking a arrow and pushing up on the lower knot, it will cause your arrow to bounce around on your rest while the rest is laying flat.

If you ever notice your arrow is not sitting flat on your rest with the rest layed flat pull the bottom knot away from the knock of the arrow very slightly and it will fix the problem.

13. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The new D Loop was not put back in the same exact spot. Happens all to often. This is why I take measurements of everything on my bow once I have it dialed in. I take pictures of my rest as well so I know exactly where it is.

14. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    I have some dental floss tied above my D-loop so I know the position for setting up a new one. Easy and cheap "insurance"....

Tags: