String silencer and speed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JesseHunts, Nov 24, 2016.

1. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys so i shoot a 2016 Mathews No Cam HTX and I absolutely love it now I have taken a few videos and to be it seemed to be a little loud when shooting so i asked a few buddies and they said to move my string dampener back a little like put my drivers license between the string and the dampener and tighten it and that worked. but its still a little twangy which i know it always will be and im not necessarily going to do this just looking for the opinions on string silencers my bow is already shooting in the 271-274 range for FPS and i don't want to sacrifice if i don't have to. any tips on silencing this bow a little more ? thanks for the help.

2. archer#5

archer#5 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a Bear Motive-6 bow that has dual string suppressors and I can tune nearly all string twang/hum out of it. The little bit that was left was easily eliminated by placing one monkey tail string silencer between the lower string suppressor and my bottom cam. I had to experiment with where to place it but once I figured it out it is now whisper quiet.

3. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use cat whiskers on all mine. If it's just a small amount of noise use a smaller diameter whisker. Mine ranger from 1/2"-1" diameter(depending on how much noise).

4. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    cat whiskers like this
    Flo green and flo yellow with black pinstripe and cat whiskers.jpg

or wishbones