Passing time in the stand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by marine1986, Dec 3, 2016.

1. OkieArrowSlinger

OkieArrowSlinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can relate to this. I'm 32 and was diagnosed with ADD about a year ago. It's not severe but now that I understand it and help control it with medication it explains a lot. I try and stay focused on constantly scanning and listening for deer but I will play with my phone some. Mostly on these forums or texting a buddy or something. If I am messing with my phone, I still am listening for any approaching deer.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can sit for only 3 hours at a time so I have no problem just hunting. This year my wife who knows I am anti phone while hunting has decided to text me from time to time knowing full well that I will not ignore a text from her.

3. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I cling my cheeks together from all the taco bell I just scoffed down, when you got to go, you dont have time to think about anything else!!!! Don't get your order with sour cream, you'll pay the price!

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    City boy problems.

5. MasterHunter

Dislikes Received:
    you ever pass gas and liquid shoots out instead up in the stand? man those are tough days!!! what to do? stay and hunt or leave??

6. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not yet, but if it ever does I hope you'll be there to catch it with your face. ha

7. MasterHunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL.. I always bring a roll with me after my last accident...Had ziti and italian sausage for lunch and hit the woods.... wooooof..

8. samhelmer

samhelmer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I read, play gameboys, read on my phone, etc. lots of activities that are easy to do and still have time to get set if a deer comes. Scanning is great to do but all day long is tough to do. The riverbottoms I hunt in, I can see deer 200+ yards away at times. That deer that's that far is no good to me with a bow. I am typically set up where I have a 10-40 yard shot and can hear them approaching. I think reading is a great way to pass the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope never happened I have had to pee like a racehorse with deer on the plot but never had a unplanned crapfest.

10. rossragan

rossragan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I like to take a book along in the warm days of September and October when I am doing a dark to dark sit, but I got caught once this season with the bow in its holder and me with a book in hand. I had the back pack open and tried to quietly and slowly lay down the book and pick up the bow. The deer busted me. Late season, because of the below freezing temperatures, I hunt until 3 hours after first shooting light and then climb back up three hours before last shooting light. I am scanning the entire time in those situations. I use chemical disposable hand and foot warmers and the smaller ones last four hours so it is just about perfect for the duration of my sits.