Stand silencing. Overkill or a good idea?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by frantic29, Nov 30, 2016.

1. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The only problem with using ropes via a tie-on method or adding cleats to LW stick to use with ropes (Like the muddy sticks) is that you have modified the LW product and they will therefore not cover warranty or be responsible in the event of an accident...
    T

2. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the rope idea, I'm just not brave enough to try it yet. I think it would lighten up climbing stick considerably.

BowHunters Only
    Like and share

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Until I start packing in my setup a couple miles and get sick of the weight, I'll stick with the straps and not modify to the ropes on my sticks.

sent from my mini hand held phone

4. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have done everything DIY Sportsman has done to his Loan Wolf gear. I think his channel is great. I wish he would do more videos. I only did the buckles and paracord at first. I thought the stealth strips weren't necessary, but eventually ordered them and I was shocked at how much they silence everything. I want to try the Neoprene Yak Grips Like Fitz uses next year. I didn't try them this year because of cost, but as DIY Sportsman says about the inner tubes they wear out quickly and mine are rally worn already and will have to be replaced before next season. So I should have cried once on that one. I agree with tkarrow about the stick quiver making it much more quite when stacking and unstacking but I stopped using them because I hated having to find a place to store them when I'm up the tree. They are kinda bulky. Overall I think the extra effort makes a huge difference.

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be doing a lot of these one spring hits. I think the benefit that I'm looking forward to the most may be the warmer to the touch part. Nothing worse that handling bare metal in the cold. Probably will skip on the rope idea for now though.

6. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It makes a huge difference in the feel and with out a doubt makes them feel warmer. I also skipped the rope, so i guess i haven done everything. :)

7. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz, do you use a whole yak grip on each LW buckle or cut them in half? I saw a guy recommend these and I think he cut his in half. I just got a set of two, are they long enough tout in two and still work well?

Thanks, Tom

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I cut mine in half and they fit perfect. My run and gun set is 5 sticks so I got 2 pair and covered all 7 buckles (includes the stands 2 buckles). At the time I found them for 10.99/pair.

Mine are 2 seasons old now and working great. A red squirrel did chew one corner of one buckle, but it's still in working condition. The only thing I see I might need to do at some point is stitch the seem shut where you cut it in half. It's holding up so far, but I could see needing to do that in a year or two.