Pedal assist bike

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rusker, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Rusker

Rusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone tried a pedal assist bike for bow hunting? I was able to try one in Illinois this fall and it actually works great. Able to get way back into the woods quickly and quietly. I haven't opened my wallet to buy one yet. Wondering if anyone else has a review on them.

2. BowhuntOrDie

BowhuntOrDie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I mountain bike quite often during the summer, and have invested thousands into mountain bikes a few years ago when i had a good job. I used them this year to get deep(1.5-2miles) into public land and it made it fast and easy. I strap my bow right to my pack and ride right to my spots. When i dont have an existing stand i ride with the stand/bow/and pack on my back. which i wouldnt suggest without a lot of biking experience because it throws off your balance A LOT and can seriously hurt your back over time. But they can definitely be rather effective. But ill be quick to admit, if there is a solid frost on the ground, you will sound like a train coming through the woods!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. Napper

Napper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What brand did you Demo? Just curious. I own a bike and have a couple customers who have purchased and love them. Customer #1 is 78 years young and hunts out in Montana and uses to cover ground more effectively. Customer #2 has COPD and uses his for home and out west hunts.

I do use my fat bike to get out to a couple places I like to hunt on public land during the last season.

4. BowhuntOrDie

Dislikes Received:
    Ive always wanted a fat bike just to own one, and cant help but imagine that its easier to transport the extra weight in gear with one lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. Napper

Napper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a pic of a buddy set up.

Attached Files:

6. BowhuntOrDie

Dislikes Received:
  7. Rusker

Rusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I tried a Rambo pedal assist bike. It had fenders, a rack on the back, a bow holder (I slung bow over my shoulders with sling not trusting to bump my bow on an out of state hunt) and had a cart to pull behind that could carry up to 200# (I didn't use cart). If I get a chance to keep going on hunts where I go back over 1/2 mile I'm seriously thinking of putting the money out for one.

8. Rusker

Rusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Never thought about the frost and the noise that would make. Good point.