Block invasion question/opinion

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter728, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm looking at one of these in either the 16 or the 20 inch size. What I'm asking is do any of you have any experience in using one and are there any issues that I should be made aware of. It was a toss up between one of these the actual the block or a bag. I wanted something that I could actually use both field point actually broadhead.

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry no experience with the Block stuff outside of the original. It lasted a couple of weeks. Get a Rhinehart 18-1 and be done with it. I'm on year 4 (maybe 5) with mine. Still have several sides to shoot out. Thats shooting both broadheads and field points. Yes they cost twice as much but I would bet it will last 3 or 4 times longer at least.

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am on my second block target. My first lasted me about three years. They are decent for the price, especially if you mainly shoot field tips. The field tip only sides will last forever. I only shoot my broad heads into it until my bow is broad head tuned and then it is back to field points. I shoot fixed blade broad heads. The target will handle my Slick Tricks without any issues. However, the Muzzy MX-III's I have tried have torn it up pulling the arrow out. I am guessing this is because the Slick Trick blades are smaller than the Muzzy blades. Not sure what practice heads or mechanical broad heads would do to it. A bag target is worthless for broad heads. I shot my father-in-law's bag target once and the Slick Trick went all the way through.

4. BigEv

BigEv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this. i lost a broadhead and insert in one of these targets due to me not letting glue dry long enough. customer service was great. they asked for a picture for proof, and i had a brand new one on my doorstep the following week. these targets last absolutely forever.

5. A5BLASTER

A5BLASTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the block vault not the product your asking about and it is shot out after two months, I found my broadheads did less damage to it if I pushed the arrow through and unscrewed the broadhead then pulled the arrow out. Just pulling it out the broadhead would rip all kinds of material out with it, I shoot montec cs 100 grain broadheads.

But to be fair I do average 500 shots a week.

6. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    cool. i will definitely check out the rinehart as well. i will see if my local shop has any on clearance haha