***Nock 'Em and Drop 'EM - Team 12***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by SuperKirby, Aug 15, 2016.

1. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rutcation starts today! Week off and all day sits planned for everyday!

2. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Been seeing deer. Just too small or too far away.

3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been out a few times the last week. I strongly considered shooting a small 6 Thursday. It would be my biggest whitetail and first with a bow but it seems too early still not to wait for something bigger. I've had a lot of bigger stuff around but it's all coming out to late.

5. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    in a better spot now. good buck movement today.

6. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, Well rustication ended earlier then anticipated but oh well. Will be up there 4 - 5 days before gun season trying to get one with the bow if I don't have one down by then. Rutting action was a roller coaster. Thursday night saw a few deer just milling through the woods. Saturday was non stop action sawyer from sun up to sun down had bucks chasing does every where. Sunday saw 2 deer. Monday got in little late bummed 3 deer near my stand. Then around 10 had a stud buck come walking in came really close and decide to let one fly. Waited 45 miles got down and started trailing. Was all good until he jumped the fence and went into the neighbors. This deer has gone almost a 100 yards at this point. So I got a hold of a guy that hunts on this property with us and he had the neighbors number. So we gave him a call. No answer. Decide to walk out and drive down to his house to ask permission. Get down there knock on the door and He told me I could not go get my deer, also stated the DNR and sheriff is on their way because supposedly his son had shot the deer while bedded and killed it then supposedly had pictures of me crossing the fence which I did not do. Long story short I didnt get my deer, and did not get to beat the ever loving hell out of the guy with a stick. So we hunted last night, sitting in the stand now and ill be headed home soon. Think I'm gonna take couple days off from deer hunting and go shoot some ducks! Will back in the stand by this weekend! Good Luck to all that are out!

7. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Little insider on this property and what we have going on! We have 640 acres of our own. We are very good friends with 2 of the neighbors and now the biggest chunk in the block has been bought by a good friend from the was area. Its roughly 800 acres. We are all going to have lunch and discuss our plans that we have all been thinking. So the plan is to just all go in together and manage all our properties together and just all hunt together! It would be 9 people all together add possible person here or there for fire arm season. With the sand mines having a 170" minimum we are thinking going 150" minimum. Or even possibly 170" We Would have 1500+ acres between 9 hardcore hunters. We would be going in this winter to create food plots, paths through out the properties. All chip in for stands food plot seeds and all other cost. What would you guys do?

8. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't have stands for everyone to use. I would want to have my own equipment so I know it is set up safely just the way I want it. plus if someone moves your stand and you go back and it isn't where you had it your not going to be happy. I wish we had more hunters in PA with big buck mentality. people in PA age bucks by hair color. hilarious! I am jealous of you guys in the Midwest. I am going to start looking for a lease in ohio if you guys have any leads feel free to share.

9. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome you are all getting on the same page. One of the biggest factors I believe in management, is having good neighbors. I also agree with tc on stands, I would want my own. Box blinds sure, but stands I couldn't do that.

10. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    If I hear anything I'll let you know

11. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with what everyone else said on stands. Have your own, be responsible for your own, and only hunt your own.
    Also I would add to work something out as far as land use goes. Otherwise your going to end up wit a few honey holes that everyone wants to hunt. It will turn into problems. Trust me I know. Just make sure there's some guidelines and boundaries.

12. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well the plan going from now forward is a 150" minimum for us. The neighbors are not on bored with it. They are going to stick to the 8 point and 16". So we decided to only go together with my dads ver close friend that has just purchased the new chunk of land. This winter we are going to go in and help out our buddy get some food plots in. So now its down to 6 very hard core guys on roughly 1,400 acres. We are planning on leaving the properties for a "sanctuary" for gun season because of all the pressure the surrounding properties get. Should be a good opportunity to grow some absolute giants!

13. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds great! Something like that would never happen in PA. Im jealous!

14. BukFvr21

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, two of the bucks I've been keeping tabs on showed back up on the farm. Haven't seen either of them since they she'd velvet. The one I day light I'm guessing is 4 and the other one is 3. The one at night I had him at 40 yards last year. I'm glad he made I through last year! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
  16. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    How's everyone doing guys? Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. Seems like it's been a less than productive year for everyone. My hunting time has been tough to come by which doesn't help. Muzzleloader season starts tomorrow so I'm going to try to change things up a bit. If I can take one with that it won't contribute to the team any but at least I won't eat tag soup.

17. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not doing well hunting wise. I just haven't had the time I thought I would have. I'm thinking late season will give me more time, and I have a few good spots to go, so hopefully I get something. Been depressing not getting into the woods and not contributing at all.

18. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    looking forward to get back out. probably going to spend some time taking the bow during our gun season.

19. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    Went out for the weekend with the muzzleloader. Passed on one doe but that was it. Don't know where all the deer went. Try again Saturday.

20. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Repost from the text group but got my new pup training him still ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1480566763.283835.jpg