***Antler Apostles - Team 1***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by MGH_PA, Aug 15, 2016.

1. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have pics or score yet, but I just shot my first archery buck ever!

2. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    113 points for the Apostles.

3. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!! That's a cool buck!

4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out tomorrow morning and hopefully evening. 18° temp drop from today.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

Sent from my Turbo 2.

6. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations!

Sent from my Turbo 2.

7. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    BBD
    129-4/8
    [​IMG]

8. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, nice buck!

You guys are on a roll. I need to get it done now.

9. Hoytxhunter

Hoytxhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Im still looking for mine

10. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pa season ended today, had a few close encounters this year but I just didn't get a shot off. Looking forward to the late archery season though, let's get it done team 1!!!

11. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome team! Of course the year I'm on a team where everyone is killing things is the year I don't have a buck on the ground.

Our season ended yesterday. Rifle starts the Monday after Thanksgiving and then late archery starts after Christmas.

Sent from my Turbo 2.

12. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys .. I shot a 142" buck last Saturday with my Mathews Halon ... it was opening day of gun season here in Indiana ... it has been quite a week .. it was a hard quartering shot @ 19 yards .. entry back .. but .. business end of the Black Eagle in the correct spot ...
    problem was .. with no exit ..& gut plugging the entry ... you know the results ... !
    After 4 days of grid search .. I was finally able to find him .. ..obviously the coyotes had fond him long before me .. INDNR required I tag that buck .. I don't have a problem with that at all .. but do to the nature of the recovery .. I failed to get my Mathews back out for any of the pictures ..!! thus .. not meeting the stated requirements of this contest .. I don't know if any exceptions are allowed or not ..? Sorry if I blew the points for us here ..
    None the less .. I never gave up .. I knew it was a killing shot .. & I was finally able to recover him on Wednesday ..
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479566394.013622.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479566417.235392.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479566447.674505.jpg

13. Panacea Nike

Panacea Nike Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck and good hunt keepfallingup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  14. Panacea Nike

Dislikes Received:
    I have been so busy at work I have not had the chance to hunt nearly as much this year as I would like. Gun season has opened up here and with all the shooting the deer movement has dropped off quite a bit. It was doe weekend this weekend so I decided to hunt on my neighbors back 5 acres. There are always a bunch of does on this property and I was after a doe for the freezer. I was not expecting to see a buck from this stand. Yesterday's hunt was great, I had a lot of action the entire hunt. I didn't get to the stand until 4 pm and by 4:30 I had a small doe come out. I knew there were some bigger does in the area so I decided to pass on the first doe. Within 5 minutes a 4 point comes out and joins the doe. The woods are starting to get loud. I here deer movement all around me in just about every direction. Next comes in 2 more does and one is the one I want to shoot. Before I could draw back another doe with a fawn comes in and all the other deer scatter off. I sit and wait and can here the deer all around me. I here a grunt and through the thick and can see a racked buck but can't tell how big he is. Since I wasn't even expecting to see a buck at this spot I decided I would wait on him to come out. I now have 6 does and a 4 point in the plot all within 20 yds. The racked buck finally decides to come on out and I am shaking so bad I could hardly draw my bow back. With all those eyes and ears around I thought I was going to get busted for sure. Somehow I managed to draw back and put a double lung shot on the buck. He ended up being a 7 point (71) team points. I did not get a pass through and the broad head broke off inside, broke through 1 rib and opposite side rib stopped the arrow from a pass through. I was disappointed when finding the arrow and not much blood. I decided to wait 2 hours before beginning the search. My buddy brought his dog and 300 yds later we found the deer pilled up. Without the dog I would have never found this deer. Great hunt and I am still pumped[​IMG]

15. Panacea Nike

Dislikes Received:
    Wow nice Buck Timcon. Did u get the hunt on video? If so that will work for the team points. Stinks about the plugged exit hole and no blood trail. Nice job staying with and finding him. I am lucky to have a good friend with a tracking dog or I would have never found the buck I shot yesterday afternoon.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  16. Panacea Nike

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Short69. The team is doing well!!! I haven't been on the site in a couple weeks nice to see all the success.

17. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are on a roll. Winter is officially here in MN so my hunting gets much tougher. I'll be sticking it out though and hopefully can still get on the board.

18. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Help me/us out here .. I apologize but not a regular on the forum ( as you can tell) .. yes I have video of the shot .. does that work .. or do I need hero pose with bow in video ..??? After 4 days of searching .. I just didn't think to drag the bow back out for video or pictures ..

19. greatwhitehunter3

Dislikes Received:
    Here's what the rules say:

3a. If you harvest the deer on film and can provide footage of you shooting the animal along with post-recovery footage including hunting, animal, and bow, that will suffice in place of two photos. Footage must be posted online for everyone to see.

20. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'll need to wait for the segment to air on an episode of BHOD ..!!

Thanks for the help .. we can use the points