***Sons of Actaeon -TEAM 25***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Fitz, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Can't wait to see some pics! Hopefully the bad news isn't really bad?

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let's just say some this "bow" goes boom. LOL

3. Lung Buster

Dislikes Received:
    So what your saying is it may not go on the score card??

4. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    I mean he could try, but Fitz probably would spot a photoshop job LOL.

I'll grab a pic off facebook as I'm sure Nick won't care if I share since not a bow kill.

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck and big congrats to Nick!
    FB_IMG_1479239719456.jpg

6. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, my rutcation was not a successful one. But days in the woods are better than days at work. I'll keep at it.

7. Lung Buster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that is a good buck!! Congrats!

8. sgcableguy

sgcableguy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. First congrats to McKaax for a great buck. I struck out on the first part of my rutcation. I had a real nice 8 get behind me at about 15 yards. problem was, the land I hunt only went to 10 yards that direction! I moved that stand about 40 yards south to get closer to trail they are using between the 2 properties, but the wind was only right for 1 sit before i decided to come back to work until my son gets home from college. We will be back at it this weekend for 3 days. I haven't seen much rutting activity where I am out up to now, so I am hoping we are running behind. If I don't get a buck, it won't be from lack of trying. Good luck all, and here's to giving it a go again soon!

9. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20161116_120343.jpg I can't think of a buck I have hunted harder then this one. 2 of last 3 days he has been at the spot of our first collision. I was working and shooting my muzzleloader yesterday. I just had a doe and fawn come to water as I write this. Wi "Orange Army" season starts Saturday. Ill be bowhunting for Big 9.

10. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20161117_093815.jpg I told my wife I wasnt coming home empty handed today. I was hungry for back straps. So I shot this doe. I feel better now that I'm on the board.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  11. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job dbl lung!

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats dbl lung!

13. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I tell u what Ty that bow dropped him in his tracks lol. Bad part is he was in bow range . I will be getting on a doe here in the next few weeks with be bow but just trying to locate another good buck to get on. Work will be crazy till after the holidays then I may take some much needed time off and head to Ohio finally

14. Lung Buster

Dislikes Received:
    Killed a decent buck this morning in Virginia guys. I am on the road headed home and will tell more later. IMG_2689.jpg

15. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats bud, nice job.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Heck ya Lung! Congrats brother!

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Lung Buster!!!

18. Lung Buster

Dislikes Received:
    So I headed down to Virginia to hunt with a friend of mine who belongs to a management club and I hunted 2 days of muzzle loader and 1 day of rifle and any deer shot with a firearm has to measure 140" or you have to pay a $400 fine. So I saw quite a few deer and several bucks over those 3 days but nothing that would make the 140 mark. On Saturday night after we had finished our hunting day my friend asked me if I would like to hunt his property in the morning because the club he belongs to is closed to Sunday hunting. He told me he had a good spot for me to sit but I could only bow hunt there which was fine with me. I got in the tree at 5:45 and at 0800 I hadn't seen a thing and started thinking about the 5 hour drive home which I was planning on getting down around 9 At 0830 I catch a glimpse of a body walking up a pine ridge about 150 yards away so I decided to give a couple grunts. I caught his attention and in he came he got to 25 yards from me and he gave me a good quartering away shot. I released the arrow and it went in behind his sholder and hit his opposite side shoulder so no pass through. I got down at 9:15 and looked around where I shot him and could not find any blood. I thought to myself this is going to be a long day. At 10:30 I started tracking and found where my arrow had come out and it was steady blood from there he wound up going a total of 200 yards and I found him piled up on the side of an oak ridge. Talk about waiting to the end of your hunt! Season is now closed where I live and I am headed to Pennsylvania for rifle season this weekend so I was glad to finally get one with the bow!

IMG_2704.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Logman

Logman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah! Congrats!

20. dbl lung

dbl lung Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys the Big 9 (162") is down. My neighbor fired one shot yesterday about 415 and I knew what the bullet was headed toward. Its kind of funny how that works in an area where there a few very nice deer roaming. He was my number one. My number two (164" 10 ptr) was taken by another neighbor on Saturday morning. There are still 3 or 4 others roaming the area but I'm going to take a few days off to regroup. I have never hunted for one single deer like I did for Big 9. But I will say the neighbor who shot him is a very good guy and neighbor. He will only shoot mature deer and never complains if I shoot a deer and need access to his land. He also always wishes me good luck in the hunting season. He understands that not every deer is going to get found and doesn't hold it against anyone. I believe good things come to good people. I had my one shot and screwed it up. Maybe I will get another. We shall see. After all I have until January 31st in WI metro units.