Wisconsin Rifle forecast

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by remmett70, Nov 15, 2016.

1. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like an interesting forecast for the upcoming rifle season. After being so "nice" for the early bow season, it looks like fall is going to hit us right in time for the Rifle hunt. Mid to upper 50's through the remainder of this week changing Friday evening into Saturday and the remainder of the opening weekend. With highs in the 30's lows down into the 20's or teens depending on where you are and possibility of the first snow early Saturday.

Looks like I will finally have to pull out some of the warmer clothes for my sits.

2. steelrain89

steelrain89 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Id say this weekend is going to be a grandslam for alot of people. I know alot of my family is hesitant to sit opening day cuz of 30mph winds but best believe ill be out (on the ground in a blind) lol

3. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    4 AM Sawyer County. 1.7" snow and still snowing lightly. Winds about 10-14 MPH. Remeber though that winds in the weather reports and forecast are taken at 33 feet above ground and in the open. If you are sitting on the ground and in the woods winds will be much less.

Still I wonder how many glowing tacks and trail cameras are covered with snow from last nights blowing snow.

I went out to check a camera Friday afternoon on a dead end road. On the way out two trees had blown down and were blocking my way out. The one time I did not bring a saw but was able to break them off since they were dead spruce. I wonder how many roads are blocked this morning from downed trees.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The wind was something else, the group shot two 8 pointers yesterday and passed on some spikes and 6's. Lot warmer this morning and no wind.