My 2016 season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Wayne/MO, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Wayne/MO

Wayne/MO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still fairly new here but I wanted to share how my season has went. Killed my first buck nov 7th. After having some close calls with other bucks the week before I was super happy to take this guy. Rattled him in 2 different times and finally got a shot at 42 yards and drilled him.
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479441404.888782.jpg
    MO rifle season started the 12th and I headed out with bow in hand. It was pretty slow till Tuesday morning. A family member mentioned she seen a giant in one of our bottom hay fields Monday night but he was pinned down with a doe. I just happened to have a stand near and decided to jump in it the next morning. I did some aggressive rattling hoping he would hear it and he did. He came busting thru brush at about 845. Before I could even really react he's 15 yards staring at the base of my tree while I'm just standing there with my rattling antlers in hand. He walks in right below me as I slowly put my antlers on the seat and grab my bow. He makes a scrape and looks around a little before finally deciding to leave and walks out to 10 yards, I'm already drawn back. I gave I'm a "maaa" and let the arrow go. I rushed the shot, did a terrible job of controlling my emotions and hit him back. Thankfully for me he was quartered away enough to clip the back of both lungs, he ran 80 yards and crashed. This has been my best season ever and it sure has been fun.
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479442363.432307.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1479442379.640642.jpg

2. Wayne/MO

Wayne/MO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have no idea why my pics are so blurry.

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats.

4. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice looking buck! Congrats.

5. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to you!!