***The F8ful 8 - Team 8***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by drath, Aug 15, 2016.

1. twmessmer

twmessmer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No real sure what I hit but only got 4 in of penetration. I saw 19 deer yesterday all from 930-230. Today I've seen 4 deer out of the same stand. What the heck.

2. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got another one down today and entered him for 50.

Just a small 8 with a heavy body. He'll eat good.

Good luck everyone still out there, weird year for sure.

3. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had 12 deer in this morning. 9 bucks. An old 10 point came in and we had a one minute stare down while I was at full draw. A spike came in behind me and bailed me out when I had to let down. The old buck turned and I drew again and stopped him but held too low. I grazed his belly. The woods was magic this morning though. Non stop action.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man its been slow lately... lots of dinks. Only two shooters seen since sun up Saturday. Saw my big boy tending a doe and one shooter on the outfitters place... Shifting my focus solely on him now...

5. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well my five days of straight hunting turned up only one sighting of a hit list buck and he was 100 yds away and fully occupied with a doe. Plenty of spikes, small bucks, and does. Passed up several shots at those. One more week until gun season. Hope everyone is enjoying their time in the woods.

6. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I had better news to report but I have have seen next to no movement this week. Not sure if it was the full moon or influx or hunters or what. I have seen more people than deer this week. Basically a complete 180 of where I'm normally at this time of year. Going to keep at it and stay positive. Good luck guys!

7. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally a turn for the better! I saw a few does this AM along with a mature buck tending a doe. Saw them bed down and headed back in the afternoon. Spotted them again around 2:30 and watched them mill around for an hour. No shots, but it was still a great hunt.

8. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Grunted a mature 9 pt in on Saturday morning but wasn't able to get a shot. He stayed about 45 yds out and behind some trees. Gun season opens up next Saturday so I'm hoping he makes it.

9. Z7hunter

Z7hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    been a crazy season for me. Shot my biggest buck on opening day this year and through all the excitement i forgot to take pictures with my bow in it. but i did film it and have a video made up so hopefully that'll suffice for the judges. didn't get a chance to score him before i sent him off the the taxidermist but should have him back soon. he's not a high scorer, just a 6 pt, but was an old deer that weighed 256 lbs. 13920936_10207505887030908_2063224667837165457_n.jpg

went to illinois and it was the hottest they've ever had it the first week of Nov. had a 150" 10 pt, 42 yards from me but just couldn't get a shot. he was a stud, we don't have deer like that in SC. Going to Mexico the first of January and thatll be a ball!

heres the link to the video. South Carolina Opening day Velvet Buck - YouTube

10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's a big 6pt., congrats!

As for the contest, post that video up in the entry thread it might suffice. It shows you shooting the deer with a bow and a clear recovery of him, obvious it is the same deer. My only concern is your recovery does not have the bow, only a shotgun :lol: I'll try to get a clarification from Fitz

As for the score, not sure how soon you will get him back, but contest will close on January 31st. If you won't have him back by then and the taxi or wherever he is is close you could go there and score it. Whatever suits you best. Also, when you post don't forget time and date of kull and since it is a long video if you could save Fitz some time and post the harvest time of 9:15 into video and recovery of 11:10 as well.

Congrats again.

11. twmessmer

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

I shot this guy thanksgiving morning. Unfortunately it was with my gun. Still happy with him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

12. twmessmer

Dislikes Received:
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heck of a buck right there, pretty cool character. Hope you didn't have to drag him, he looks heavy!

14. SheddingLightTravis

SheddingLightTravis Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man that's a great deer! Congrats! The word "unfortunately" shouldn't be in that post. It's awesome that you got him regardless of what weapon was in your hand!

15. jimmy102

jimmy102 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, took a doe last night so I'll be entering it for 50 today.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

17. twmessmer

Dislikes Received:
  18. twmessmer

Dislikes Received:
    Ya I hunted hard this year with my bow and couldn't pull it together. Super happy with my buck. The best part is I think I got a trail pic of the buck I shot with my bow. Do u guys think this is the same buck. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. twmessmer

Dislikes Received:
    He actually wasn't that big of a body. His body frame is large but he was skinny. I would guess around 200 with guts. He was a 7+ yr old buck. We have watched him the past 4 years.

20. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well... for the first time in nearly 20 yrs I ate my buck tag... GULP. I'll post up some pics from my season as I can. Anyone who follows my FB knows I had my chances at him. Airballed the first shot, had to let him walk twice under 20 yds, one due to camera and once due to low light. Let him walk at 50yds twice and got one last shot in December where my arrow broke on the shot... :( Anyway I do have a doe to add to the scorecard so I'll get that done...