<<<<TEAM 26 Thread>>>>

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by virginiashadow, Aug 15, 2016.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I saw two shooters yesterday morning cruising and crossing the brushy creeks in the bottoms. You will fight a swirling wind most of the time in the bottoms, but now is the time to take that chance because the deer can come from any direction during the chase phase. I have been sitting on the ridges overlooking the bottoms and the majority of the traffic has been along the drainages. I am going to move lower this weekend myself. Good luck!

2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    **Atlas, I PM'd Fitz and let him know about WB's time update.

**Bucksnbears needs to add his score breakdown.

3. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap what a lead that will be. VS, you and Atlas and I need to put bucks down and blow this thing out of the water! I wont give up until January 10th when the season ends. I HOPE to get it done much sooner than that. My score standards are dropping, now I am going to be happy with anything that has some age and is close to 150's or so. I have seen several qualifiers so I think it is just a matter of putting in the time and having a little bit of luck. I saw a great buck yesterday but it was while I had 5 does and fawns within 10 yards of my tree and I could not call to him for fear of blowing up the woods.

4. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Atlas got a buck, Ive been hunting a lot and just suck, so I havent gotten one. LOL.

5. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    My apologies Atlas. This team has put down so many bucks that I am losing track! I guess that's a good problem to have. Well VS, I have been stinking it up also. But, not giving up. In a single minute, all can change. I'm still optimistic.

6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I work tonight until 11 but will hunt in the morning. Gonna get down into the creek bottoma like you talked about. Won't be able to hunt again until the following weekend.

7. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I am also planning on a morning sit tomorrow and some hunting this weekend, and next weeks some too. Lets both get this done soon! Good luck and hunt safe VS.

8. Thwack1

Thwack1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    75 and sunny. Trying for one last sit before the orange army invades.

9. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    crap guys. i did not know i needed to break it down
    will call up my taxi man and get the info.
    i'm not getting him mounted but will use his cape for a 154" i shot years ago but did'nt have the $$ to get him done.
    looks like our team of killers is getting it DONE!!.
    good job guys:rock:

10. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing moving today.....worst rut in as long as I can remember

11. KY72

KY72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hang in there....It can change in a moment. I'm at work until next Thursday morning! You got a lot better chance than I do this week!:tu:

12. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Wind was gusting to over 40 mph here this morning. I went to work. If its still blowing like this tomorrow, I am going to go for a walk in the woods and hope to slip up on something. I have always wanted to kill a good one that way.

13. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Thought it was going to happen on my last hour of my last rut hunting day....crunch crunch crunch at about 230pm. 5 pter came by...darn it. Crunch crunch crunch....spike came by. Im down to about 1.5 hrs left and I just know bigger ones are gonna come...get a phone call that I needed to go home. Mix up with kid stuff and my 8 year old would be walking up to an empty house if I didnt haul butt out of the woods. I ran out with all my stuff....made it home 1 to 2 min behind my daughter. I felt bad but I got home. Scared the crud out of me....and there ends my 2016 rut hunting.

I will continue to hunt hard until season closes in 5 weeks or so. Anything is possible I guess but guns open tomorrow and the place will be hammered with pressure for those 5 weeks. Needle in a haystack hunting super survivor deer.

14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Fletch...cold front moving in and I hope they get those big boys on their feet for you. As much as I wanted to kill one of those bucks today to tag on 50 more points or so, I just couldnt do it. They need to grow up!

***WB, Fitz said he would fix your buck score the next time he updates the score.

15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    How was everyone's Saturday hunting? Man I wish I could have been out there...temps dropping like crazy today. Will be brutally cold tomorrow morning.

16. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We had a major front come through and I had to work. Seems like it's been that way all season. I do have a week off starting tomorrow though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

17. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed fitz did another update to the score and added the points for my doe, but not my buck? I"m not sure why it still says need time of kill i added that after last time. Maybe he just didn't have tome to update them all... I don't know, but i sent him a Pm about it. I'm don't hunting for the year Wisconsin gun opened this weekend and are group of 6 guys took 4 bucks and 5 does. I shot and 8 pointer, it was a great time with lots of work dragging deer. I love the deer camp thing, we have to boat in with go devils and we are deep in the suck together its great!!

18. Noel8998

Noel8998 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out twice last week and saw 2 (one of each) both times but they were either 80 or more yards, one came out of bushes for a second and went back in, too dark to see. Ugh!! I have my license RN state exam next week so I don't know if I will be out this week.

19. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it Noel!

WB I took care of it with Fitz. He will add it next update.

20. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I had a couple of great sits this weekend. Lots and lots of bucks still doing their thing. But, still nothing on the ground. I have been so close on several occasions, but no cigar. I feel like its just a matter of time.