*** 21 Jump String - Team 21***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Evilstuff, Aug 15, 2016.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up shooting a 8 pointer this weekend with the firestick, yeah sometimes I cheat :) I still plan to fill my doe tag with the bow. Goodluck to the rest of you that are out this week!

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    that's still cool. meat in the freezer.

3. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes my doe had been submitted. I'll go back and check just to make sure though.

4. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    there's no way we are that low with those 2 big bux taken by our team?

5. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great buck Derek! Way to go!

Very slow around here. Sat all day Friday and Saturday. Saw a few small bucks sniffing around and had one basket rack 2 year old come in but that is it. This weather is terrible!

6. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz hasn't updated the scorecard since the 28th.

7. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    not sure how i missed it when i checked. 233 points are coming to our team next update.

Hope to add to that this weekend. Will be out Thursday night thru Monday night, Tuesday starts are gun season here in Michigan. Hope with the cold temps i can get atleast a doe, if not a buck down before tuesday.

8. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had more close calls then I care to have. I've had 2 150+ within 70 yards. Had a 140s 10 at 20 but wouldn't clear the last tree and several 130s within 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it Dan. Its bound to happen for you.

10. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't realize u were gonna stick 1 with your trad setup Jake that ought to be and automatic 100 points buddy congrats again!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

11. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys i made it back from my trip to florida and I will say it was well worth it 4 nice flights very smooth first time flying and I'm hooked flying is def the way to go!!!! The gulf Coast is so beautiful around this time of year Temps were in the 80s had a blast enjoyed the scenery 4 sure. Well it's time for me to really get down to the nitty gritty on my hunting season I still haven't filled either buck tag I have 2 for my state just hoping the first 1 I fill is a hitlister this weekend I will be in the woods giving it all I've got rattling antlers in hand!!! Congrats to all of you who got it done. My cousin shot a great buck in Arkansas over the weekend which got me super pumped to get back and get in the stand. The Rut should be a good 1 fingers crossed.

12. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck Derek! Congrats!

Been hunting my butt off the last week. Seeing a bunch of action but the biggest/oldest buck I've seen is 120" 3 yr old that I passed at 10yds. Working today and tomorrow and then I'll be back in the woods for 5 days. Fingers crossed my luck changes soon. Dang finger is getting itchy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Helped my lease buddy drag out this dandy yesterday morning. I only had one pic of this deer this year and it was in August. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  14. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck

15. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to shoot them with my trad setup, cause that's all I have! I sold my compound before season started, so this is all I'm using.

I had some decent action yesterday. I had 4 different bucks in tange, but none that I really wanted to shoot. I was drawn back on one at 4 yards, but I just couldn't do it. He was a 3.5 year old with a crappy rack. I didn't care about the score of him, I just want 4.5 and older.

16. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Jake, I missed your post. Way to go! I'm not quite ready to ditch the cables and cams yet....maybe some day!

17. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    nice lookin buck there buckeye. Well I told my wife I was gonna sit out all day Sat. They are definitely on the move and it's supposed to dip down by this weekend with lows in the upper 20s. Maybe I'll get lucky and see what shows up.

How is everyone else doing?

18. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Headed to the stand lookin for a big boy this evening!!!

19. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I just wanted take a moment to update. Well I hunted the last 2 days Saturday evening I got to the stand around 2:30 and set til dark it was a pretty slow start but around 4:45 I had the same two yearlings come in to feed and about 30 mins after the mom came in nose down and searching tryna pick up the scents. I've been using tinks 69 doe estrous and dominant buck lure and when she came in she was just on a nonstop track the mature doe came in to about 25 yds sniffed around a little then left quick. The yearlings did not follow and continued feeding til dark and had no sign of leaving either. Sunday morning I got to the stand around 6:30 and at around 7:30 I heard a Crack over my left shoulder so I slowly look back and after banging the antlers together a few times this guy appears out of nowhere.
    [​IMG]
    I can tell from his body language that he is pretty curious as to what's going on he did respond to the rattling but maybe he is knows what he's up against in this stretch of woods. So now I'm watching him he is so alert I figured I'd just wait for him to get In the open calm down then I would start filming him but he never committed did he give me a shot yes he did not wide open but through a fairly decent opening just 20 yds away I could have shot him 20 times. Well since this youngster gave me an opportunity I think it's only fitting to give him a name and for now since he is just a 6 point I'm gonna call him Slick 6 from now on with hopes of him becoming a shooter 1 day look forward to putting a slick trick in him someday. As far as my shooter bucks go well they have went MIA last seen late October but I'm anticipating there return. There should be more good hunting to come if your a moon phase hunter that starts today with the full moon I personally feel like it's heating up with seeing deer in daylight the last couple days and look forward to my next encounter hopefully with a shooter in range. I'm starting to feel good about takin the recurve next hunt but good luck to you all I hope you get the big 1!!!!

20. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the hunter cam footage of my buck kill. It's the whole sequence from when I first spotted him, the calling sequence, to the kill shot. I posted it on another thread on here to I thought I'd share it here too.

[video=vimeo;191554882]https://vimeo.com/191554882[/video]