Southern IL rut?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by selfbros, Nov 9, 2016.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    so I'm just wondering what people are seeing as far as chasing here in S. IL? I hunting near Bond and Clinton county borders. anyone on here hunt in/near this area have any feedback? In the past we are normally 2 weeks off from the rest of the world according to Bowhunting.com forums.:deadhorse:

2. dbo181101

dbo181101 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im hunting in St. Clair county and saw a 6pt chasing a doe and killed an 8pt Saturday winding a bedding area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was in Brown county last week and watched my first rut show ever. My buddy/host who is much more knowledgeable than I said the small buck I watched chasing a doe is just confused. The mature 10 point (I shot at and missed) would have been chasing that doe if she was ready and the rut was on. I'd say if you're not there then it's pretty close.
    Good luck!

4. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully by Saturday it will be on like donkey kong. I'm sitting all day or at least until I put some horn on the ground

5. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    This is most likely my last year hunting my buddies ground because he is selling it. So I'm not going to be as picky as the past. If it's 120 I might take the shot

6. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think with this cold front coming in Friday, this weekend you will find things in full swing. I'm looking for good movement from Thursday afternoon thru the weekend. Let's hope so...........it has been painfully slow to this point!