WI rut movement times

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by steelrain89, Nov 6, 2016.

1. steelrain89

steelrain89 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    These deer keep throwing me thru a loop this year. Either at my stand b4 and after me and just cant seem to peg a good time frame they r so random with this weather. So what times r ppl seeing movement most...between 7 and 9am seem common here especially when im not there

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They're watching you!!!!!!!!!!

Movement changes with season, weather, rut AND human activity.

3. ChrisKill22

ChrisKill22 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I live in trempealeau co and i have been seeing rutting action but its hit or miss. Either i see 10 deer or 0. Yesterday i had the one in the picture chase a doe Deer Fall 2016 470.jpg and bed 40 yards from me (never got a shot). I left the stand at like 11:30 and got video of a decent 11 Pointer at 1 pm

4. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spent this last Friday to Sunday sitting mornings and nights in Clark Co and have only seen activity just before light or just before shooting time is up. My only thing that has me thinking is the inconsistent weather along with it being 70s? Not 100% sure.

5. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I read an article that said this years rut in the Midwest was going to be late. The November full moon isn't until the 14th and the article said peak rut time will be the 18th - 26th. So far I think it's dead on. I sat 30 hrs on stand since last Friday and haven't seen any scent checking, tending or chasing. On top of that I've still seen yearlings with doe's and I know they pretty much kick them out when rut happens.

6. steelrain89

steelrain89 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ive had a little chasing... only once ive seen. And a grunting buck ran by at dark day b4 that. But forker other day with no interest in bleats or does period...then tonight almost hit a running buck in town on way back from doctor

7. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I read an article like that also. I've been seeing abnormal, rut-type buck behavior since the 26th of october though. So hopefully this means we'll have a long timeframe to see bucks rutting in daylight.

8. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So far for me it's been centered around cold/windy/rainy days. Midday is too hot so far, in my opinion. Not worth an all day sit if the temps get up in the 60s at any point.