Sore Shoulder

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NUARCHER, Nov 6, 2016.

1. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure this has been discussed before here but I will ask anyway. How many have developed sore shoulders and had to turn your bow down and think you would be forever at lower poundage but built back up to your max draw weight. Mine was 73lbs on my Elite Z28. Hurt shoulder at work and have only been able to shoot 3 arrows at max draw then my shoulder says that's enough. Currently bow is at 63lbs DW would like to think I will be able to work back up to my max of 73lbs. Any hope at the end of the tunnel.

2. Smallhill

Smallhill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bad shoulder ( hold the bow with my left and it pains on compression ) so I had to put the bow down all last spring and summer. Even this year I have to be vary sparing on the practicing I do. I have it set to 63 lbs and doubt that I will ever shoot higher poundage. I'm fine with that. Better to be able to hunt long term than high poundage and possibly end my Bowhunting for good. That's not to say you won't. My shoulder has been a recurring issue from a snowmobiling injury almost 9 yrs ago , so I just monitor it and don't push it over the limit if it feels tired. Good luck!

3. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I may just switch my limbs out to 60lb limbs and go back to shooting maxed out limbs again.

4. Smallhill

Smallhill Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The bow I am currently shooting is maxed at 63 lbs. Probably a good idea.

5. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Zero reason to shoot a bow at 73lbs for hunting. Unless you want to have shoulder surgery in the near future, not worth it, your body is TELLING you to keep it down.

6. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah used to shoot my Elite maxed out at 73 no problem until I hurt by shoulder at work. Now all I can get is 3-4 at 73lbs. So no I'm really looking to get 60ln limbs for my bow so I can continue to shoot it maxed out. Since that's where performs best.

7. willc1522

willc1522 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a 10 year old Hoyt, pull 55 lbs and get pass throughs pretty much every time. Drop the poundage down

8. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The poundage is down to 63lbs. Would just like to shoot my bow maxed out to get the peak performance out of my bow.

9. w33kender

w33kender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you are aging like I am, I don't think the body ever quite builds up max strength again, particularly with soreness that could be an injury waiting to happen. Listen to your body. My weight workouts aren't even close to what they were at age 40, let alone my age now. I'll never get that back and if I tried, my future would be serious injury.

Be thankful you can shoot at lower poundages.

10. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this issue has haunted me for years, I am only 20 years old. and ive had two labrum surgery's from high school wrestling and if I sleep on the wrong shoulder for too long i wake up in agonizing pain and it will hurt for the whole day. yet i refuse to not shoot a bow, so i kinda push through it and if i work out consistently and shoot consistently its not to bad.