Really Todd Graff?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Heli84, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Heli84

Heli84 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Todd ,you say that you and your staff are supposed to be professionals on this show. Really? If thats the case I'm done watching. But thats not the case this show is full of hunting trips that are just like mine. We all make mistakes but it really sunk in when you said your team members are suppose to be profesionals. Sorry we can't all be as perfect as you are Todd. Yes Todd you kill big deer but to me the show is not focused around you it should be focused around the normal guy who is out there to have fun and record his expeirences. But I see a few more staff members who have all the land and all the deer. I hope this show does not turn into that. Sorry Todd but I think you need to take a step back and remember where you came from. Notice that Justin is not mentioned here.

2. dantheman68

dantheman68 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Did he punch your puppy or something?

3. Heli84

Heli84 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No I am just tired of him being so judgemental on these guys. Hunting is supposed to be fun and a learning experience. We all do goofy things we all make mistakes. To me he is like the Joe Buck annoucer of Cubs baseball. Im not even a cubs fan.

4. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  5. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just a quetsion, do you think Todd meant professionals as in paid to hunt or professionals as in acting professional? i.e. not taking bad shots, promoting ethical hunts and safety, and using decent language?

7. Heli84

Heli84 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To me he meant it as we are proffesionals and not suppose to make amatuer mistakes out there. I think Todd is a great guy and hunter. But sometimes is wording and criticism of other peoples mistakes gets under my skin.

8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Every hunter I think should act professionally while out and about, up a tree or in a blind. Practicing ethical shot choices, making proper decisions and not putting a bad light on hunters in general. Now if he meant they're above us, than sure I get some of your resentment....

Now...if we wanna talk about professional stiff arming trophy photos.....nah let's not get into that.

9. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    …..

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  10. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well said.

11. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just to point something out. Todd foots the bill right? He has the right to be judgmental of his folks. In regards to the show I like when they keep it real. Professional or not I like just sharing in the experience with out all of the marketing fluff. You opinion is just as important as anyone else though so thanks for sharing. :tu:

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Um........without the marketing fluff?

I agree BHOD does a better job than a lot of the "shows" out there (if not all) but there are plenty of brand drops or "insert broadhead" lines attached often enough...however I've grown to understand it is the nature of the business. I still enjoy and watch every show....not just because I'm friends with some of the guys but because I still feel it is one of the best "available to everyone" hunting shows out there.

Sure many of the guys hunt properties with big lease tags on them or large immense tracts of land which I will never relate too, but they're much more real world guys than not (some of them).

Also just to be fair, producing BHOD at this point in the game I HIGHLY doubt takes any money out of Todd's pocket, or else it wouldn't exist as it does. That is a kudos to him, not a knock, I just don't see Todd doing this show if it wasn't beneficial. They have some of the biggest names in the game sponsoring them....again which is a sign of success.

13. junkerjorg

junkerjorg Newb

Dislikes Received:
    All said with harsh wording and criticism.

14. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Deep thoughts by Shane the Pain,
    As of lately, I've watched several TV shows, as well as YouTube videos of other hunting shows. In most cases I see the Hunter make some horrible shots on deer. One was a guy who couldn't wait to shot any longer and try to force the shot but hit the very large tree next to the deer. The worst ones are the guys/gals who clearly gut shot the deer and yet they still celebrated the hitting the deer. "WTF are you celebrating" are my thoughts. They should be beating themselves up over such a horrible shot. Your chance of finding that poor creature is less then 50/50 now. At least Todd makes note of these horrible shots and I appreciate it. A lot of newbies or younger hunters are watching his show. If he continues to point out these mistakes maybe, just maybe someone will pay attention and learn this isn't sealed deal. If your producing a product that people outside of you company use, then yes you are a professional. This includes the guy flipping burgers at McD's. He is in fact a professional burger flipper. So, with this in mind BHOD crew are professional because many of the viewers are observing and learning by watching it. I doubt Todd would refer to his crew by "this slap **** made a bad shot and he's an idiot". It could come off non professional. Now I'm not a professional hunter, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  15. Garet

Garet Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is it non professional or unprofessional?

16. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't he make a bad shot on an elk and kick himself the rest of the show? We might all not shoot elk but I'm sure we've all had bad shots. I know the guys hunt deer like I will never see in my life but they all seem like down to earth guys to me. If you don't like it, go on, but I haven't seen anything that wasn't professional. Professionals are not perfect, watch the NFL. lol

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I'll have to watch the episode to know fully what we are talking about here, but when a hunting show shows a hunt and tries to cover up or ignore a bad shot, I lose all respect for that show. I want to know the reality of the situation. I have made a couple piss poor shots, and there's no way I could react in a positive way in front of the camera because I'm a hunter, not an actor. I want the show to talk about why the shot was bad and how it could have been done better. If you are honest with the audience, it will earn you way more support and respect.

18. Rich71

Rich71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I usually just watch something else when I don't like what's on. Am I wrong for doing that? Should I be terribly upset when I don't like what is on my screen? Now I have to re-think if I should just watch something else or start ranting. Thanks a lot.

19. ksandman

ksandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love the show and the guys on it, they have an extreme passion for the sport. I wish I had the time to hunt as much as them and get as good at the sport. Only request, can we get some Widespread Panic music going during the nature scenes and slow moments? :)

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Perhaps a little of both lol

Tags: