2016 Wisconsin Rut Report

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by WiscoBowHunter, Sep 21, 2016.

1. B.Pelzel

B.Pelzel Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Dane Co. The pre rut is on. Bucks are starting to chase does. Had a very successful Halloween hunt. Shot a nice 8 pointer that was following a doe that came by earlier ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1478014727.132730.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. jar.van

jar.van Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last Thursday...

Rattled this guy in while hunting along a scrape line in Lincoln County. He was locked in on the scrape... 2016 deer.jpg

Got a few more on camera over other scrapes during day light.

3. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Jefferson Co grunted in this guy the other night

4. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    10/22 to 10/31 where the days to be in the woods in my opinion. I had all my good ones daylight that week. I shot my biggest ever on Halloween. He green scored 164 5/8. He was all over the same doe and two fawns for 36 hours before I shot him and he followed them right to me on Halloween.

I pulled cards yesterday and I had a couple 3 year olds on the move daylight on 11/2 as well. It's way too warm now. I'm happy I got it done when I did.

5. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All I know is this weather blows! Being a weekend hunter with school and all, I'm wishing I would've been down last weeekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    driving today with the kids my wife saw a buck running. I saw a prolly 2.5 chasing a doe, and another buck ran across the rode. All late morning for what its worth.

7. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Slowly picking up. Seen 4 bucks yesterday and managed to miss a big one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. natemllr

natemllr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had a small yearling 7 pt chase a doe through yesterday morning. With what i am reading on forums some of the northern counties are seeing good rut behavior but i believe the best is yet to come in the southern areas of the state. I have only gotten a couple mature buck on cam and they were at night. Last year i had several mature bucks in the daylight on cams at this point. Warm weather and late full moon, imo. This weekend will be very good with the cold snap coming through friday.

9. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting in Green Lake County. I had a couple daylight buck sightings (one with a doe, one cruising) Oct. 26th-8 and was seeing lots out in the fields, some in daylight. Then it sorta died out for me, until this week, I've seen one buck tailing a doe in (probably 10 pointer but had an entire antler broken off), and one other big-bodied buck I didn't get a good look at, both in daylight. By my experience, there was actually a lapse in rut activity around the 1-6th, and is picking back up, hopefully for a full-force rut centering around the 10-14th of November.