Range finder

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by charleshibner92, Oct 31, 2016.

1. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Would like to buy a range finder that good but not expensive anyone have any suggestions?

2. b_fitnik

b_fitnik Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Bushnell Truth w/clearshot and it's a decent rangefinder for around $150. Only issue I have with it is in the fog. Can't range a thing in the fog. Other than that I'm happy with mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I 2nd the Bushnell ones. I got one of the Truth models and it works perfect for what I need it to do. It has what I think is called ARC where if you were up in a tree it would give you the distance and true distance so you know how to aim based on how high you are etc. think I paid like 130 for it on Amazon

4. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I picked up a refurbished Nikon rifle hunter 550 and it works well. I couldn't find a scratch on it so I'm not sure what it meant by refurbished. Saved some coin though.

5. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got the Simmons one combination with binos from cabelas for a Black Friday/cyber Monday deal only like 150 for the pair plus a 50 mail in rebate I believe that's what my dad told me he got

6. Tony.Loney

Tony.Loney Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When it comes to rangefinders I would find a store that has several you can put your hands on and look through. They all seem to look so different from manufacturer to manufacturer. I myself really liked the vortex the readings were all red in the view finder were very easy to read. But they were also out of my price range

7. b_fitnik

b_fitnik Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, if you can afford the Vortex Rangers, I'd say go with them. Those are the ones I wanted myself but a little out of my price range. Their warranty is outstanding. No questions asked lifetime guarantee. I saw a post on Facebook where a set of rangefinders and spotting scope was burned in a house fire and they replaced them. I hear their customer service is top notch as well

8. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Save and get a Vortex. No questions asked and top notch stuff. Wait till after season is over and scour the interwebs. Sometimes you can find them on clearance from places that don't carry hunting stuff year round. They jump on the bandwagon in august and jump off in January. Saved about $100 on mine searching that out.

9. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bushnell with ARC for about 150 is nice. also picked up the discontinued Redfield 650 that was going out for about 100, didn't have ARC but excellent optics and worth it.

10. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    own the vortex and can confirm, worth it. I had a bushnell that I used for two years and then upgraded, huge difference. Whatever you get I suggest something that is backlit, makes it much easier to read those early morning ranges

11. NorCalDiver

NorCalDiver Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got my Nikon Prostaff 550 for $100 on eBay. It's awesome for that price. My only frustration is the difficulty in seeing the readout at dawn/dusk before/after shooting light. It does perform well when the law allows you to shoot, but ranging around your stand just before the sun starts coming up can be frustrating. It hasn't prevented success, and just takes a few tries to get it right.

12. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys jus didn want to buy one and it b faulty. Had a pairs of binoculars that made me go crosseyed when i looked thru them. Know that wont happen with range finder jus dnt want one that wont work right.