***Antlers Anonymous - Team 18***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Garet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well just got back from the woods and its been an interesting day. My day started off with a spotting 2 fawns and an albino doe right in front of the landowners house. Got to the stand and sliced my pinky on my broadhead and I must have hit a superficial vein cause i had blood all over the place. Well I*didn't want to bloody my phone so i decided to check out my trail cam pics...found out the neighbor is trespassing here as well and decided to check out my trail cams and delete a bunch of pics. I was getting deer pics every day on that cam and then once he comes through nothing for a month. Also caught him with a rifle during the youth hunt and no kid in sight anywhere. This is the same guy who drove to my stand from his house just to complain about people trespassing on land that's not his anyway. I guess you can't fix stupid right? Ill be knocking on his door since not only did he trespass, he was hunting with a rifle during bow season,*he deleted pics from two cams and rotated one cams position by 90 degrees. Although I did get pics of 2 decent bucks from one of those cams after he messed with it. One of them has a double main beam and some real junk. Sorry for the long post.
    * PICT5636.jpg

PICT5794.jpg

2. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    AT What a jag bag.

Had a guy walk by me twice. Didn't recognize the guy and he was on the neighbors land so didn't say anything. I know he has a trespasser but he also is letting one or 2 guys hunt. Dude walks by wearing a blue shirt and the last half hour of hunting. I should have got down and said something. Tried to call the neighbor but he didn't answer. Don't get why he is walking around with a bow. Wasn't even still hunting.

3. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now thats just really weird!

4. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, got pics to confirm Brows is alive and well in 2016. Damn the sideways pics. IMG_2739.jpg IMG_2740.jpg

5. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry, been busy. After the Saturday hunt (Which was MISERABLE!) our friend had a birthday party. Yesterday was crazy catch up day. Moved my stand to the edge of the beanfield (just inside the tree line) - it's like a perfect set up. My stand fits in between these three trees. I don't think I'll be heading out tonight, need to get hay moved in barn and clean stalls - but plan on tomorrow, Wednesday and weather depending the next two days following.

Congrats BEJ on the doe.

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing exciting to report here. Hunted a total of 4 sits between Friday night and last night. Saw a bunch of 1 1/2 year old bucks, a couple does and a bunch of coyotes. All big buck action still at night according to cameras.

Come on November and cold temps!

7. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    They'll get moving soon for you Justin, seems colder temperatures are starting. Just need them to stick around!

8. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    my buddy talked to one of the neighbors and he doesn't have any shooters on camera. which i find weird since ive seen 2 monster bucks just off his property. one neighbor wont call me back about the possible trespasser, the other is letting about 5 guys hunt his land and there fighting about what stands they can hunt. check a couple cameras and everything is at night which makes sense because all the people hunting around us and just plan walking around in the woods. going to be a tough season. going to stick with hunting fields with all the food still up and not go into the woods or swamp. after hunting tonight almost hit one of the bigger 10 points we have with my truck. thinking ill be hunting the place he ran into tomorrow.

9. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like your going to have an interesting season. At least you saw the buck in person

10. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Well, weather finally is turning colder. Seems like it is finally going to get deer moving.

But my work doesn't understand it's hunting season. DANG IT! I work 7:30-3:30 normally. During hunting season it's 7-3 to give me time to get to the woods on the days I do hunt. Well, I just got my hours changed for this week - due to no one else being in the office. Don't they understand?! Sheesh, lol.

11. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, hours start tomorrow. Heading out to the stand in about 30 minutes, got to let horses in when I get home from work then off I go. I am hunting a field - and the wind has calmed down some. Hoping it's a good evening. It sure is chilly enough.

12. PinkPony

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last night. Sat in the truck for about 20 minutes before my walk. It was raining pretty good. The sky started lighting up some and making a break in the clouds so I went in. Got all set up (I must say my new spot is nice) - and waited. And waited..........and waited. It was freezing, it was drizzly off/on, and the trees kept watering me with the breeze. All in all I seen 7 turkey, a squirrel, and owl, and a blue jay. Not a single deer. I was so cold I got down as soon as I couldn't see my pin in the tree. Usually I can turn my light on and still get another 10 or so minutes because the field is so much brighter, but I was froze. Calling for rain starting this afternoon into Friday. We will see weather depending what I do. Starting to be at a loss for these deer. All conditions pointed to them coming out. They usually walk the power line 25 yards away and come around to the bean field...but nothing.

13. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Really looking forward to the weekend. Should be 4 days of solid hunting for me. Might not be able to sit every morning and every evening, but hope to most days. Rainy and windy here in WI but clearing overnight with N winds and cool in the morning. Hoping the deer are really moving and I think they will be. Good luck to everyone hitting the woods this weekend.

14. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I went and put a camera on my public spot just to see what was coming in got over 20 does and this guy a 10 pointer with broken tines this could be lost and found or another deer that runs with him but I can't tell cause the broken tines and I need better pics of him I have 2 like this and the rest are frontal shots or behind shots of him and no were to really hang a cam any were else I had my cam basiclly hanging off limbs pointed at this little tree
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  15. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    He's a public land buck to he's hitting my apple spot I put the camera out friday he came each night till I pulled it today.

16. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Hes tareing up this little tree in front of the 2 apple trees so I put my cam on it and low and behold . I hope I get a shot at him he looks old enough he has a thick neck on him.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Id probably shoot him if he walked by my stand.

18. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    For a public land buck around here he's a dandy for sure I just hope I can see him or get a shot at him trust me I won't be passing him lol hes the best I've gotten on cam yet lol

19. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    Looking like prime hunting this weekend. The land owner call the neighbor about the guy walking around. It was the neighbors brother in law. 58 years old and just getting into hunting. He's telling him he needs to sit and wait and not be just walking around. So will see how that goes

20. AaronB

AaronB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty disappointed this morning. The water on our property had been receding nicely after all the rain this fall, but then the latest batch of rain has the majority of our property under water. Couldn't even get to my favorite stand. My second choice was had 6-8" of water surrounding it. Ended up walking back and forth trying to find a place to sit and ended up going back to a stand near where I park and we walk by all the time when we duck hunt. Have seen one decent buck but couldn't get a decent view of him. Going to have to be creative.