Does anyone hunt small tracts of land ???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BuckEyeJay, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt a 15 acre spot and see many deer, the problem is when things change (pattern, food sources ect,) it can be difficult to keep the deer the there. So if you see deer now, hunt it now!

2. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

when talking about small parcels of land and some guy talks about his 90 acres attached to 2000 acres, and all us are here like, "we got 5 acres"

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a small piece around 20 acres, with the layout it hunts bigger than that. I feed outside of when I hunt and have plots and have found that less pressure is better, would rather have 5 quality hunts a year rather than 20 with diminishing returns.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome...but not what I'd consider a small tract of land.

5. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My point is that, with such a large area surrounding this tract of land, I see more activity on a small portion of this 90ac. It's no need for me to hunt the 600+ or the WMA. When speaking on deer activity, it don't have be such a big tract of land.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Another thought to consider about small properties when we talk about pressure, pressure in a stand is different than being in the woods. I am near where I have stands every day when I am home, I intentionally leave scent there as often as possible. I hunt semi urban land so there is that the deer are used to interfacing with people. I like to think the local does and their exposure to my scent on a regular basis helps me when I do hunt.

7. Crossm2000

Crossm2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Put a stand in and hunt. I hunt 10 acres and do see a lot of deer here but sounds like you got that place better than here if there are deer it's worth it

8. tree

tree Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I also hunt 10 acer s see lots oof deer it must be a go between I see deer almost every time

9. InTheWoods

InTheWoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I mainly hunt the two acres of woods behind my house that is part of a much bigger stand of old maples. It's part of a nearly perfect square of maple woods that surround a small cornfield and several sloughed. Houses interspersed throughout. I've taken a deer every year from our woods, predictable does and bucks. The bucks are trickier and harder to come by. But a big part of that is the neighbors shoot everything they see during gun season. If you have some trail cams, I would get them out there. Or if you can, invest in some cheap ones from Menards if you have one or a similar store. I have a couple that have helped me get the trails and times down pretty well. Enough so that I'm going to build a permanent bow blind on a platform I have a pop up on next year.