*** 21 Jump String - Team 21***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Evilstuff, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday day was a very uneventful I made it to my stand at the ridge at 5:07 am. I had a doe there at 5:05 second time it's happened the other time 6:09 doe was as early as 5:30 wierd thing is that they are not alarmed by my presence when I'm entering not a single blow a crashing bolt out they just walked out calmly and dead silent when I've arrived the last 2 times. Next time I will try 4:30 at the latest if it's a morning hunt only thing I can think of is to come earlier each time. On top of that at around 6:00 I start hearing voices and man are they talking loud 3 different voices then I see flash lights or cell phone light whatever they started towards me from at least 300 yds down the ridge and I could hear them the entire time. Well when they got close enough I just whistled and got there attention ok now they are coming closer towards me to see so i asked what they were doing told them they were trespassing etc I was kinda upset I mean after all I'm hunting a 130" maybe 140 class buck and here is 3 teenagers 1 bow in hand walking around at 530 in the morning in my hunting spot well needless to say they apologized they said they were lost and they didn't want to give me there names at all and basically after I told them to get out of there they said they wouldn't come in there again. It's an urban spot but I am way back in the woods so maybe they did get turned around in there idk but it wasn't a good morning at all and after that I didn't see a single deer and I sat till 11:00

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I want be going back to the ridge until Halloween maybe that will give it enough time to get ready for the Rut and calm the spot down I hope. I'm getting pics of a split brow buck as early as 8:30 pm and I have the better part of 10 other bucks ik of walking around this area and praying the big Boyz haven't been disturbed still no sightings of the big 8 or 9 but the Rut may change all of that. I will be vacationing in Florida between the 5 of Nov thru the 8th so no hunting then at all just relaxation time for the wife's birthday knowing me I will probably hunt the morning of the 4th possibly the evening because I'm off but have to catch an early flight that sat morning will be our first time flying so excited but yeah I'm expecting the Rut to start swinging around that time and by the time I get back its gonna be game on.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  3. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    VZM.IMG_20161016_214355.jpg
    Here is a picture of the buck we had an encounter with last night. It is a picture from the screen of my camera so its a little blurry. The second picture is where he was and the route he took to wind us
    Capture.jpg

4. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting on the edge of a food plot as windy as it is I don't expect to see much but you never no. If they do come in it will be right before dark fingers crossed tonight gonna see what happens!!

5. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back from Kentucky's early Muzzy season. We had some good action Saturday morning and saw a couple 2 yr olds. The temps went way up and with that the deer sightings went down. I'll head back down the first part of November with my Hoyt.

As far as this weekend I'll be spending it at my PC editing. I produce a small time local hunting show and need to push out 8 more episodes. I also have a wedding video my wife and I filmed a few weeks ago to get done. It sucks but I need to get it done before the action starts picking up.

6. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Couple pics from last check

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    The Rut is etching closer and closer I wouldn't have minded getting and early season buck but I just feel like the Rut is gonna be my chance at a bruiser!!!! Can't wait

8. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, My fridays off start this week. Have the next 4 fridays off, leading up to Gun season here in Michigan. They Yotes seem to have moved on from our woods the past week, as the pull from last friday we had 0 pictures on our 5 cameras. Also had the most activity on Saturday evening. Saw 7 does and a spike in the field next to us about 75 yards from my stand.

Hope the activity continues this weekend, and i can get something on the ground. Temps for the coming weekend are looking good as of now. 38, 35, 39 are the morning temps for friday-sunday, with a high of 53 all weekend.

Here are a few clips we got from the latest pull:
    [video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8r4lgH3CaqTcFhIQnZCRGVfbGM/view?usp=sharing[/video]
    [video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8r4lgH3CaqTVFg1R19abkhESWM/view?usp=sharing[/video]

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8r4lgH3CaqTWmpPMVZmcnhmczA[/video]

9. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Unexpected change of plans tonight. Was going to relax at home but am now driving an hour to trade my 2013 mission ballistic for a 2015 elite synergy. I'm pumped I fell in love with this bow when I shot it but never wanted to dish out the money. Hopefully it checks out so I didn't waste my evening lol

10. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Very smooth bows well built I'd say

11. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    It's like Christmas! It's an awesome bow

12. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Scrapes are heating up here in Ohio. Cool temps this weekend will be perfect!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    I figure my next card pull should be interesting also there is a guy here that lives locally and that raises deer he probably has a group of 10 does and 1 buck fenced in. I just happened to be driving by there today and his buck was chasing a doe around that pen not hard but noticeably nose down and behind her so something is happening but maybe it also has alot to do with them being fenced in who knows I thought it was interesting

14. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Talked to a buddy of mine who is in the stand and he just saw a young buck chasin does around!!! It's getting there

15. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope all is well for everyone! I've been busy working on the show in the mornings and hunting most every evening except last week when it was in the mid-80s. I've got a few bucks in MO that I've been hunting. All 8-pointers but I'd be happy to take one of them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Killed a coyote last night.
    [​IMG]

I'll be out again this evening and I'm going to try some rattling. There were 6 bucks in one of my food plots a few days ago and the two biggest were locked up, so I'll give it a try. Hopefully I'll have a picture to post later.

16. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    Perfect morning with temps in high 30's. Hunting a ridge top pinch point that joins two big blocks of timber. I'll snap a couple pics when it lightens up.

17. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    I'm almost to my friends property. Big bucks started showing up this week! Going to sit on a green turnip plot!

18. buckeyehntr5

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a nice 8 chasing a doe about 100 yards away. Went into the corn. Hope she brings him over here

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

20. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Beautiful lookin place good luck guys I'm working now but I'm at it in the morning