***Lung Punchers - Team 11***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by pick00l, Aug 15, 2016.

1. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading back up to GA this weekend! Excited to get back in the woods, check my trail camera from a couple weeks ago and hopefully put a deer down!

2. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got out for a quick Monday morning hunt. Kicked two walking in...it was the first time in a new SGL which my cousin introduced me to. With the leaves changing, it is so peaceful out there. I'm still trying to put a buck or doe down.

3. Billy Pulsifer

Billy Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Billy Pulsifer - Bowhunting.com Forums(14168637) on Vimeo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My string of bad luck continues. I buried the pin deep to compensate for her ducking the string as most deer at 30 yards do. Well, she didn't so I hit low. At first look it was inevitable that she would live. Then I started blood trailing (waited two hours) found a blood trail a blind man could follow. She ran across the road to private property. I have the contact information for the landowner and will be calling in the morning to try and get access, if they allow me, I will be calling united blood trackers to get a dog to pick up the trail.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Billy - Good luck and all the best. I know the temps were a bit warm here last night. I do like the footage!

5. Billy Pulsifer

Dislikes Received:
    Update-

Got permission to go into private lands, and also have a bloodtracking dog meeting me over there. If she's dead we will find her

6. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck Billy?

7. Billy Pulsifer

Dislikes Received:
    No sir, 4 miles on top of last night's search. I was glad to have the most experienced trackers in ny with me. He confirmed my shot may have hit lung, but she never bedded down so she is likely alive and sore. This may be an episode when our show airs in December. I feel bitter but relieved. I've exhausted my resources to their fullest extent. Next time I won't bury the pin so dagone much.

8. Billy Pulsifer

Dislikes Received:
    That dog was v lining from the first spec of blood. She never lost the trail.

9. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sucks to hear Billy. Hope your luck gets better. Good job doing everything you could to recovery her.

10. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I have not been in the stand as much as I would like. Today I should have but the rain started and I didn't go. My vacation in November is not going to happen now. I hope this weekend works out. Anyone else not getting as much time as they would like?

11. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Camo - I have been pretty good this year considering I have two boys in fall sports and a wife who likes to work out in the mornings, evenings, or Saturday! I'm excited for my November vacation. I never get all the time I want however, I get plenty to give it my best.

I have to travel to Vegas this Sunday however, once I get back, game on as much as the work and family schedule allow.

Challenge I find is that my primary Buck woods is 45 minutes away, then another 45 minute hike into the woods. Of course 45 minutes back so, it is hard to do a short hunt where I love most.

12. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I never really start hunting until November so I have a couple weeks yet. I love taking my kids out early season when it's warm though. I have hunted just about as much as I would have liked too. I didn't get my daughter out for as many days in the youth season as I would have liked but she has her cross bow and will head out with my all November. She gets first crack if she goes.

13. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Grabbed the first two hours at a state park about 35 minutes away. Unfortunately, walking down a two lane road prior to cutting into the woods...a deer snorted and ran off. Opposite side of the road that I hunt. It was likely the owner of these rubs! Found where he put a scrape, three good rubs coming off a hill with some thick stuff on top. I might get out again tomorrow morning. will arrive 30 minutes earlier to see if I can't catch him going back to bed. Would love to hunt the evening, just not sure when I can get it in. By the size and nastiness of the rubs. I'm betting shooter all the way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. camo75

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476898876.437205.jpg

15. camo75

Dislikes Received:
    Perfect evening tonight cut short by lightning. Made it to prime time with thunder rolling. Was going to sit it through then kabang! Time to go!

16. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been getting out for a night here and there which is normal. Was full draw on a doe at 12 yards the other night but it was on my left side and I'm left handed and was too awkward of a shot for me, even with it being so close. Over the next 3 weeks I'll be working 6 days, and hunting 15 so I'm still very optimistic.

17. Billy Pulsifer

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Well hellooooooo handsome!

18. camo75

Dislikes Received:
    That's a heck of a deal! 15 days of hunting.

19. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Quick update.

I got out yesterday morning and evening.

In the morning I did not see a tail. It was a short 2 hour hunt however, upon leaving, I followed the rub line I previously posted about. I wanted to know where this big boy was going. Well, I found a small field area with 9 beds, 5 scrapes, and additional rubs. Immediately knew he had been there. Call it a six sense or...just plain looking at the signs (see pic below).

[​IMG]

In the evening, I hunted the same spot as the morning. Saw nothing however, on the way out and being dusk, I peaked into the field. Wouldn't you know that giant buck is standing there. Huge head gear, big body, and a tail waving good bye to me....until we meet again!

20. Trevor TFO

Trevor TFO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    8:20PM... About an hour after I left last night...

[​IMG]