All Day sits

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Mnardo72, Oct 19, 2016.

1. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    god forbid your hanging by your harness you'll wish you had a phone on ya...

2. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't get down and start scouting during your hunt. Anytime I've tried it I ruined my hunt by getting busted. The thing about all day sits is even if you didn't see anything in the morning one could pass by anytime.

Like others said I won't consider all day sits until after Halloween is all day sits

3. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last year my entire encounter with my buck lasted about 5 seconds I saw him as he trotted in I shot and it was over just like that if I was on my phone I wouldn't have seen him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mnardo72

Mnardo72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First day of hunt is 10/28. Weather looks the same every day. 50/65 light rain

Guide mentioned all day sits so the area is only disturbed minimal times when going in and out.

No one has hunted here this year yet. So we will be the first in.

I've killed my second best buck while glued to my phone answering emails. For me, I think I was so still, that I made no movement and was undetectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, and I'm one of them. BUT bringing your phone (having it with you) and using it to entertain yourself for periods of time are two very different things. They are a distraction, plain and simple.

6. nrf414

nrf414 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bring my phone and sometimes read forums like this one when things are slow. I'm not glued to it because I need enough juice for an emergency or a good picture of a harvest.

For me the best tools for an all day sit are quiet foods, snacks and drinks and a positive approach towards the experience.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

7. robert.gamboa.79

robert.gamboa.79 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hard to do. Plenty of rest before hand and a very comfortable stand. Minimal food and drink. Just enough to keep you from getting impatient. Some kind of entertainment for sure, phone just try not to stay glued to it