“See-able” Antlers for Avery

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunting.com Staff, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Bowhunting.com Staff

Bowhunting.com Staff Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Clinton! Taking your kids hunting is an awesome experience. I am hoping to have a similar experience with my son next year. It will be the first season he is old enough to shoot a deer.

3. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    You won't regret it. It is a lot of fun and something I look forward to every year. Avery and his sisters are starting to get more and more into it every year .

4. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 boys, one is 2 years old and the other is 1. Taking them hunting is one my the things I look forward to the most, I loved to hear about Avery and his buck. I know you are one proud dad. Passing on our love of the woods and hunting and fishing is so important. Good stuff Clinton.

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff! i hope to do the same with my little ones soon. Congrats to you and your boy Clinton. That will be one to remember for the rest of your days.

6. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's so cool. Is it gonna be on the show? I'm taking the boy for the first time in a few weeks:) I think I'm more excited than he is!!!!

7. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The stuff lifetime memories are made of - big CONGRATULATIONS to both of you.

8. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My 5.5 year old is also named Avery. I can't wait for him to want to go out and hunt. He really enjoys walking in the woods with me and last week finally remembered to whisper while we were out. It is funny when he starts talking out loud, then remembers that he was supposed to whisper. The look on his face is priceless.\

Clinton: At what age did you first take Avery out on a hunt?

9. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Guys,

I started taking the kids as soon as they wanted to go. I would say 3 to 5 years old. Avery would only last 15 min to half hour so I had ground blinds set up out in fence rows where we could go an hour before dark and sneak out of them when he was ready. My middle girl Emerson she will sit for hour s and she is six. Hadley is a lot like Avery was and she doesnt last very long. SO every kid is different. All I can say is take some snacks , Dont go early and be prepared to leave early.

As far as avery shooting he asked me last year when he was 8 if he could shoot one. So we started shooting the crossbow. He is really good with a scope from shooting his bb gun and rifles so he doesnt have any problems getting on them. He is Nine years old right now. If he can get more accurate with his bow this will probably be the last year for him using the crossbow. In my opinion there are a lot of pros and cons to letting him use it. But right now I feel like the pros win.

Its kind of like filming him. Im still not sure how I feel about doing it. I dont want him to think thats all hunting is about but I love to have the memories that we can always watch.

I sent it in to the show so it will be on tomorrow or next Friday. I guess if your going to film it might as well make it educational and hopefully others will watch and take their kids. Plus it would be impossible to get a greater raw emotion reaction than with your kids.

10. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    my kids aren't old enough yet, but my almost 3 year old son Landon loves to pretend to shoot deer.
    when asked what is daddy's favorite toy he says "arrows"
    We go to Cabelas just so he can look at all the mounts

My father in law owns the property I hunt, and we have had discussions about making enclosed blinds for the purpose of my son coming with on a hunt. Maybe next year.

my daughter isn't even 1 yet so there is some time there.
    Clinton, my daughter has the same name as your's except we spell it Hadleigh

if you know the meaning of the name, then she is a field of her mother.

11. Incog

Incog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My son loves to look at trail cam pics with me and watched my video of the 7 point several times. I can't wait to get him shooting, but know he is still too young. At his age, I was begging my dad to take me with him. Every kid is different. Unfortunately, I can only use a crossbow due to an arm injury from when I took on a van @ 50 mph while riding a mountain bike. Last week my father-in-law decided it would be a good idea to have him try a kids compound while I was at work. :mad:

My Avery really liked your videos with your Avery!

12. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am watching the episode this with my son as I type this. He loved watching Avery's hunt! Thanks for including kids on the show.

13. bradn4201

bradn4201 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would have thought that to have been a heart shot all day, everyday.