***Team Pass Thru - Team 29***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by dmax4me, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Govtrapper

Govtrapper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was after this deer from opening weekend lol. I only hint mornings right now because my wife and I take turns watching the Lil man. The stand I was in was very uncomfortable so I wiggled alot an he busted me.
    This last weekend I finally got an evening hunt an saw him but the wind was blowing bad an he was really spooky I don't know own if he saw me or what but he left out. This saturday I had a chance to work on that stand an redo some things an make it alot more comfortable. So the next morning I got in the stand I got comfortable and waited. I could see him early before daybreak because of the moon being full. He stayed around a lil but then left but u knew he wasn't far an about 30 mins after daybreak he came right in. But this time there was no wind an every lil move I made something would creak. Took forever for him to give me a shot finally he turned an gave me a 25 yard broadside shot. I got drawn back an let that arrow fly. He made it maybe 60 yards an fell over. I was stoked lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations Eric! Your the first one to get us on the Board. Now it's up to the rest of us to keep the momentum going.
    I'll be headed to Ohio the next 3 weekend in a row. I'm hoping to be on stand Friday evening. I might have a small window of opportunity this evening, so we will see how that goes.

3. Govtrapper

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys I appreciate it.

4. IAwhitetails

IAwhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man! Hopefully we can build on the momentum and put down some more deer in the coming weeks!

5. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    I did get out last evening but it was hot. I was really surprised that I saw deer. They began to move about 5:30 PM. I saw 3 Spikes, 3 does and 3 fawns. Two of the fawns were button bucks, so that's a good sign. I can't wait to get back out to Ohio with the anticipation of seeing something larger than spikes.

6. Govtrapper

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome it's always nice to be able to see deer even tho you may not get the shot. I love it

7. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    I'm packed up and ready for a 3 day weekend to Ohio. Good Luck this weekend!

8. Govtrapper

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you see one. I'm headed out today for pigs.

9. Govtrapper

Dislikes Received:
    How often do they update our scores on the score card thread?

10. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    I'm seeing deer, just nothing to shoot at yet. My step-mother took the smaller buck on Friday evening and my brother-in law took this nice buck last evening on our upper farm. His scored 150-2/8.

Attached Files:

11. Govtrapper

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome dmax

12. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome! Ive been hunting every day. Im finally seeing bucks and does. Ive passed up a few small ones, but its enough to keep me optimistic. Im going to go check my camera now.

13. overactor

overactor Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Closed on my house finally on Friday and packed up the apartment and moved in. High temps of 42 on Saturday had the deer up in my yard while I was unpacking the truck so I hit Rural King and bought some corn and tossed it our where the previous owner was. At about 2pm I had 11 does big old nannys with yearlings in the back yard eating the corn and walking back and forth between the crab apple trees and the corn.

I had one real monster of a doe running all the others away from some corn that is about a 40 yard shot from my driveway, the others went down the hill to the trees so I snuck out the door to my garage and got my bow out, nocked an arrow. Drew back and pied the corner until I saw her clearly. Aimed right at the heart expecting her to duck the string settled and released the arrow it went right under her chest about an inch low and she didnt even flinch. She looked right at me stared me down, then went back to eating. So I blew the shot, and the others were none the wiser.

Sunday I sat up my trail cam by the corn where they are crossing the fence, scouted a bit more in depth found where they have been bedding behind my pole barn and heavy traffic trails from the barn to the corn ect. I sat my lone wolf lock on about 25 feet up a walnut tree over looking the crab apples, Im going to brush in a blind near the corn and hang another lock on along the trail. Going to pull my camera card tonight and see if Any dudes have been cruising through at night. Next time I plan on hunting is friday. Could have shot one yesterday but was still un packing and it was 67 far to warm to have her hang in the barn to chill. frost warnings the next two days might be productive though. So wife may sit.

14. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally saw something other than a Spike. The buck I call Stickers showed up Sunday night in Ohio. Here's a picture of him that I shot with my phone instead. I ran his antler score twice in my head and he's between 118 and 122 inches. He hung around until well past last light at 7:20 before I could get down. The only other buck that I have Trail Cam pics of is a little bigger and he is the one I call Brow Tines. He's started showing up at night on Friday, so I'm hoping this weekend he shows up during daylight. He's not as big as he was last year, which means he starting to go down hill.

Attached Files:

15. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting back home in PA last 2 nights. I only saw Does and Fawns. It's 26 degrees this morning. That ought turn something on.

16. overactor

Dislikes Received:
    Dmax, that pic looks to be about the same size as the 2 at my house. Wife will probably tag one of them. The 8 point that i was stoked to see night before last for 45 minutes chasing them around my back yard. And a 9 point last night doing the same and marking over the scrape the 8 point put down by my deck. then he made a few more near my corn piles. I hope thatthese two and the 11 doe will bring in a big guy to investigate. So I guess i didnt update witht he bucks Ive seen. The come bustuing out of the brush like the koolaid man chasing the doe. The 9 point last night ate some corn right in front of my camera will find out tonight if it got him or not. its a kinda crappy WG innovations cam.

I have been thankful to have friends allow my wife and I to hunt their property I am beside my self that thehouse we bought is holding so many nice deer. I am going to sit friday night, work saturday until 2 then sit saturday night. Chop wood all day sunday and wifey gets the stand sunday night.

Good luck gents ohio is ramping up quick in Licking County

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. overactor

Dislikes Received:
    Here are some photos for my story. Not the most impressive thing in the world but they are super semitrical, in a county known for massive deer ( Licking County Ohio) and I only have 6.5 Acres. The doe arent spooked by my presence much and never really seem to leave the property. Saturday and sunday while I was home there were there all day, bedding behind my barn near the apple trees. Heres the 8 point. I dont have any photos of the 9 point yet.I pulled my camera car and something is up with my trail cam its taking really crappy photos and isnt getting much in them.

20161024_181636.jpg 20161024_184016_002.jpg 20161024_184031.jpg 20161024_184058.jpg 20161024_184120.jpg 20161024_184609.jpg

18. dmax4me

Dislikes Received:
    That's pretty cool that the buck is making a scrape, right in your backyard. Now that's what I call deer in your backyard.

19. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Target acquired fellas.

2016 Hoyt Defiant 30 Ridge Reaper
    Easton FMJ 400
    125 Gr. Muzzy Trocars
    Sure-Loc Lethal Weapon Max
    Trophy Taker Nock Down Pro

20. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter