***Nock 'Em and Drop 'EM - Team 12***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by SuperKirby, Aug 15, 2016.

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys. Should be a great weekend to be out. I have to work 3a-3p this weekend then have a kids birthday after work tomorrow and kid duty Sunday. Unfortunately I will not be in a stand.

2. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    heading out in the morning to where I was getting all the big buck pictures earlier

3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Knock one down!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys. Question about scrape lines. I'll add the picture below, but this is where I hunt most often. It is MFL land, so I cannot put a trail cam up, so I have no idea what is in there, but last year, I was scouting this piece of property after I shot my button buck. I noticed a scrape line, but it was out in the open. Generally when I've seen scrape lines, they're in a thicker area. This was in the area of the small red box on the picture below. The scrape line was along the yellow line. The area its in, is like a small open grassy area with not much cover. Do you guys think something like this could be a mature, rutting buck, or do you think its more of a community scrape line? QS Land.jpg

5. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    Wasn't supposed to get to hunt tonight but plans changed last minute so I got The last time I sat that field I saw 7 but it was one or two at a time. Tonight was a steady stream all at once. I stopped counting after 8. Cool stuff. I almost quit about 5 minutes earlier because the wind wasn't calming down at all. Then I saw a set of ears and and the floodgates opened. Decided to take my first shot with a bow on a broadside doe. Shot under her but at least it was a clean miss. Still a cool night.

6. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks finally getting back out in the woods tonight. Gonna start hitting it hard in the next couple weeks! It's only gonna get better!

7. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I have the next two weekends to hunt for sure then November 5th I'm going to the Minnesota gophers game then all November and December I got time in the woods and a whole week in November for thanksgiving break from college

8. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would sit down wind of the scrapes at the end of that open area. mature bucks usually bed within range of their scrapes til the rut heats up so be careful. bucks always circle downwind to scent check scrapes so keep that in mind. usually the bigger the scrape the bigger the buck and same thing applies to the licking branch. look for track size left in the scrape. some of these signs may tell you if it is worth hunting. the one good thing is if there are multiple scrapes he is frequenting the area more then once. third and fourth weeks in October are the best times to be on a scrape. after that head to the doe bedding areas or funnels and pinch points.

9. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well looks like I'm gonna be in the market for a new DSLR camera. Kinda had a fitz moment Sunday night. (His camera took a swim last season in a BHOD episode) So I've been doing research and I've got it narrowed down, so hopefully have one purchased by the end of the day!

10. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. My wife is wanting a new one (she's a photographer) and I can tell you they're not cheap. I think I could buy any company's flagship bow and set it up with any accessories I wanted shooting whatever the most expensive arrows made and I would still spend less than her last camera.

11. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made the decision in a camera & should be getting it tonight along with some other things! Also pumped we got a decent frost this morning! Leaves will be dropping soon couple weeks and I'll be in a tree stand for 2 straight weeks!

12. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to start a short little poll we should end probably about Sunday I'll keep tract of the results.
    So for me I really enjoy connecting with you guys and hope that after this season we can all keep in contact through the off season even if we aren't on the same teams again next year.
    Poll options
    1.keep in contact after the season still
    2. Cut ties and focus on next season individually.

13. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476408682.514975.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476408698.714739.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476408707.309904.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476408713.601855.jpg ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476408723.801420.jpg some of the hitlisters

14. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have no problem keeping in contact with you guys next year. And that hitlist is

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

15. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I'm all for keeping in contact. Anytime someone wants to talk hunting I'm game. Now if the OT at work ever slows down I might be able to talk more hunting. Or, heaven forbid, actually hunt.

16. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm all for keeping in contact!

17. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm for keeping in contact. Who knows, we may win this thing and have the same team next year!

18. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  19. pernat

pernat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For sure keep in contact good way to bounce ideas off each other.

20. WiscoBowHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Little update. Didn't get out this past weekend. Also sucked one of my trail cams in the combine. Got 3 new bucks on camera but they have to much potential to shoot. Good news we are half way done with harvest. Also bought a new tractor after our 4955 blew a rod out the side of the block. But got to the farm Sunday night and it already has a flat tire. But by this weekend I should be spending a lot of time in the stand from now till January! Probably won't be hunting morning this weekends still trying to get my waterfowl fix till I convert over the the woods 24/7