***Antlers Anonymous - Team 18***

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by Garet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I was gonna sit a new spot since I have 0 spots prepared for a W wind and I was already frustrated with the prickers I was covered in/sweating/wet boot from walking threw the swamp, when an older gentleman came walking out of the bedding area carrying a cross bow and proceeded to tell me how he's been "sneakin around" all afternoon trying to find a doe......I'm headed home to do chores. Good luck pony!

2. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well ill be going out on Saturday to hopefully get a doe for the team. I'm really hoping I don't find anyone trespassing like I did on Tuesday.

3. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see a single deer last night. I know it's early - but five sits in and nothing (I don't care if it wasn't even a shooter, just to have something would be a little more boostful). Planning on making hour+ drive to my rifle spot tomorrow morning.

If anyone else gets out this weekend - good luck.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a doe last night - hit her a little low and back. Let her lay overnight and was able to recover her this morning thankfully. So we've got another 50 points for Team 18!

The kicker is that I won't be able to get her in the scorecard for a couple weeks yet. I was using some products that aren't released to the public yet and can't show pics of them until they are. So for now we'll just have to wait. Unless Fitz will make an exception and let it pass if I post a couple screen shots from the video - you just can't see the weapon. I'll see if I can pull some strings and make it happen. :)

5. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Justin! I don't think any of us will mind if the points come now or in a couple weeks

6. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nice job on the doe. hunting only on the weekends do to work, wife and kids. not seeing anything but does and yearlings right now. might try something crazy tomorrow morning. i can only hunt till 8 a.m. so am going to do something out side the box

7. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys smoked a nice doe at 7:30 this morning. On my way down to the city right now after butchering it. Killzone did the job...only went 50 yards maximum [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to those getting deer! PA deer hunting up here is awful this year. Full moon, hot Temps (for this time of year) and just no activity. Went out this morning, it was cold - nothing moved. 75° now and heading to my stand. Well see.

9. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can vouch for pinks statement. Weird weather so far. Family commitments have only allowed me to get out for a couple evening sits so far.....only been seeing a few does so far, but nothing close yet. Trying a spot where my dad killed a small buck last year this afternoon.....Pretty warm still....we'll see what happens

10. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It was 34 when i got into my stand here in NY. It got up to 55 when I left around 12:30. Good luck out there!

11. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully something wants to eat apples for dinner tonight cause I'm here waiting for them lol.

12. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    I've had 9 sits so far and nothing at any spot not even a doe or fawn it sucks hunting illinois public all over seen are the 3 yotes in which I shot one but that's it so far.

13. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Well just shot a buck but he was quartering to me so I'm backing out and going I'm the morning to get him the shot was kinda wierd so I don't wana jump him I'll find him in the morning guys.wish me luck finding him I didn't see him go down so hopefully he's not far from the stand.

14. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully I can find him to put some points up. I'm so upset with myself for not waiting and taking a crummy shot.

15. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    good luck tomorrow

16. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    Thanx that's the only thing on my mind right now here goes a sleepless night I'm going back at 4 am to sit in my stand till first light then getting down to track him I gotta do this cause it's public and I had a hunter walk up on me a hour before the shot so I gotta go back very early and wait till light to track and there calling for rain now on the morning this sucks I hope I find him I'm killing myself over this .

17. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is there any organization you can call that can come out and track the deer with a dog. They have that here in NY called deer search. Try to get some sleep tonight cause it wont help anyone if you don't get sleep. Were all rooting for you.

18. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    It's great bright red blood with bubbles but since he was basically under me I put it between his shoulders threw the body out the chest my arrow lodged in him cause my lighted nock disappeared and didn't come out of him after 30 yards it was just little drips of blood but I know I got lungs he was 12 ft from my tree right in front of me facing me I put it in the Crease of his shoulders as he went down amd ate an apple I waited forever for him to turn broadside but he wouldn't he was going to pass right under me go behind me .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  19. BuckEyeJay

Dislikes Received:
    No we can't bring dogs to track on public here in illinois

20. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've let many deer go with that shot. Since your getting bubble blood, I'd agree with you and say lung blood. You may have only gotten one lung so good thing you backed out. Dead deer I'd say, but may be a longish track job. How did he act when you shot him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk