Big buck on camera

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by sletten25, Oct 10, 2016.

1. sletten25

sletten25 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I have a pick of a nice buck on camera but I only have him on there once so far. Is it just a buck passing by or is the colder weather making him move around? What are your thoughts?
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1476103355.246396.jpg

2. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That depends on allot of factors. Weather being one of them, but not knowing the weather in your surrounding area, we would have no idea where to start. Have you been running cameras there for several seasons, or would this be your first?

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It could just be he changed his normal routine and happened to cross in front of your camera finally. My guess is he's a local. You could move your camera to a new location and see if he pops up again

4. sletten25

sletten25 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well we just had a cold front come in over the weekend and I have been running this camera in the same spot since August..but I also seen three bucks Saturday morning while I was sitting in my and they were all together

5. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm no expert but when I see a new guy on the camera I assume he's outside his territory until I see him at least one more time. I run a basically permanent camera on the equivalent of a deer interstate in suburbia. He may stick around if u have food, cover and some ladies and no other big guys around

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck! He probably is from another property, But, if you have plenty of ladies there, he will be back!!

7. Westfinger

Westfinger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No way of knowing. One camera or several for that matter aren't going to tell the whole story. Thats the great thing about this you just never know what your going to see from the stand. Good luck, I hope you see him again during the day.

8. sletten25

sletten25 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well hopefully he stays around cause they still have the corn up and I have a ton of does on camera and I've only seen 3 little bucks..but ya I'm hoping I see him again in person