Team 20 - lung busters official thread

Discussion in '2016 Deer Contest' started by illinibowhunter, Jul 20, 2016.

1. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slow morning here in mississippi

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deer came out tonight. Could have shot a younger doe, but she wasn't very big. Had her at 25 yards tonight.

Checked trail cams this morning. Another shooter showed up. Same Buck I had pictures of last year and passed up. Probably 13 points. Some small stickers. 91 videos on a scrape from last week. Probably 70 of the videos were bucks. Never seen so many. Problem is that camera's time and date isn't working.

I did bump a shooter walking in this morning that I got a video of walking past camera the same time I was walking in. It was completely dark. I had coyotes barking for the first hour I was in stand this morning. Really odd. Half hour past sun up.

I also tried stalking the corn this morning. I don't think it will work in our fields. Not much room between each stalk. I should have taken a picture. Most spots you would have to go through the stalk of corn unless you just went to dead spots. Not many of dead spots here in Iowa. It may be that I'm not the ninja that the paster is? It obviously works by those that know it.

I won't be hunting for a couple weeks. Trying to let things sit so they aren't over hunted. All in all a very good day hunting. Good luck to those out there. I'll upload videos sometime this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. NEB Bucks

NEB Bucks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a doe last night boys! Will post her up on the scorecard in the next couple days. Congrats to the pastor! That's sweet that you were able to stalk one with your 8 year old! I bet that's a hunt he'll never forget

4. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats NEB

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

5. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    I laid eyes on a monster Friday night around 630 had him 40 yards away behind me and didn't offer a shot

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats NEB!!

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am heading out early tomorrow morning. Mid 40s here in the AM. Deer should be moving!!

8. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work NEB! the boy is hooked for sure! I had good weekend. Last night I let a buck go that i would say was probably 4.5 yr old. 18-19 inside good beams but only had 4 inch tines. then also got a look at and passed a incredible 2.5 yr old 8 with 16 inch spread and 8 inch tines. Tonight I saw my number 1 and number 2 hit listers chasin a doe an hour before dark. I couldn't believe it. I watched them follow her 1/4 mile a crossed the soybeans into the neighbors woods. was a great weekend!

9. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had an interesting evening. I went sit for a top hit list buck, Jack Bauer. Him and "ET" had been hanging out together. So I set up expecting to see them come out right at dark.

Sun goes down, it gets darker, then I hear it, a deer gets up and is heading my way. I can hear him rubbing trees, making a scrape, etc. Really got the blood flowing. As buck 1 is making a scrape (this is all audible, I can hear him pawing the ground and shaking the tree branches), buck 2 starts making noise. They're both heading in. One from the north, the other from the west.

Next thing I know, their sounds are getting closer to each other then CRASH!

They're going at it. Antlers smashing, trees being shook and knocked over (young pine trees that deer love to bed in). This goes on for a couple minutes. A knock down drag out brawl. This is all about 30 yards from me, I can see 20. But it's dark. I can't see my pins. I've waited all I could and realized now was my time to get out undetected. I did so but my heart was racing for a while after. So close.

[​IMG]

<---- ET Jack Bauer ---->

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

10. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the videos from this past weekend. Some really good bucks running around. I hope this waiting thing works out. Friend just killed a very nice 165 inch buck with his stick bow yesterday.

http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/scarps23/Thick Buck_zpsnsno9q29.mp4 (Bumped on way in Saturday morning)

http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/scarps23/Bent Brow_zps9wrcmzvx.mp4 (NEW BUCK - Same as last year)

http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/scarps23/Crook_zps0jcxpiim.mp4 (2015 Video of buck in video above)

http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/scarps23/Moose Laying in Scrape_zpsgsijtwor.mp4 (BEDDED VIDEO IN SCRAPE)

http://vid1286.photobucket.com/albums/a617/scarps23/Day Time Buck_zps18smmhb7.mp4 (DAYTIME VIDEO)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  11. bowhuntingbebout

bowhuntingbebout Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seen 5 does, 2 fawns, and a spike this evening.

12. jacob

jacob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from a public land hunting trip at lake eufuala in oklahoma and got us 50 pts!!

13. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    How many deer do we have as a team so far? Seems like we are off to a good start already

14. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    5 does so far I believe. Pastor....u need to add time to your post in scorecard thread.

Very good start.

15. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome

16. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that's a great start. If the whole team takes a doe and enters it we'll be in a good position to repeat when the bucks start falling

17. Born2Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    I'm working on it....I'm hitting the woods tomorrow morning and evening I'll be shooting a doe if an opportunity presents itself...I saw a giant last week and I have gotten a picture of a nice Buck on camera in the same area as well not sure if it's the same Buck I saw on the hoof though needless to say they are coming out right at dark and I'm hoping to get my hands on one of these bad boys! Happy hunting!

18. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best of luck!

19. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't take the wait. I'm busting out of work early to hunt tonight. Need a south wind for one of my stands and it is 3-4 mph SW. This is the stand I was leaving until the rut. One day time picture has my hopes up for that spot. Low temps last night and today could make for a good hunt. Looking for bucks only tonight. Good luck out there.

Family coming from out of town for my boys baptism. This weekend is busy. Hoping to have a story to tell after tonight and some fresh meat.

20. NEB Bucks

NEB Bucks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there Scarps23! I hope you get to put one down!